"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 02-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
Master Chef
Food TV

There are a lot of people here who used to post on Food network forum, so the question is for them, mostly. How did the fact that there is no more forum affected, if at all, you watching Food TV :?:

P.S. I for one do not watch it as much.

You are what you eat.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I still watch FoodTV all the time. FoodTV had nothing to do with the closing of the message boards. The members did that to themselves.

We have tried to discuss FoodTV in the past Charlie. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If it gets too disagreeable I'll have to delete it. I vowed that when all the FoodTV members came here stuff like happened there wouldn't happen here. And at first all they wanted was to discuss the demise of FoodTV - so I stopped it and everyone got on to much happier times!!!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 02-21-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Being new to the site and the world of forums... I just have to ask...

"what in the heck happened over there?"
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer
Lets just say that there was a good food forum and then it went downhill. Lets leave it as that so we don't bring up past bad feelings and end up going down a road that no one wants to travel again.

As for your question Charlie, The boards closing did not affect my watching FoodTV. There programing did that. I have not watched nearly as much of that channel anymore because there are not a lot of shows I really enjoy anymore. I still love Good Eats, but it is getting harder and harder to find an episode I have not seen before. I can't take much of Emeril anymore so I won't watch him often. I know I am in the minority hear, but I am not crazy about Paula dean. i don't have anything against her, she just doesn't hold my attention. Sandra Lee or whatever her name is (Semi-Homemade) is my least favorite. I am not on the low carb bandwagon so I don't watch any of those shows either.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
Old 02-21-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
it hasn't affected my watching foodtv much.
gb i don't care for sandra lee either lol.
she seems like a fake.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Master Chef
I too am a former Foodie.......but I agree its not worth discussing because I love posting on this site so much more.

I don't watch the cooking shows like I did mainly because there are so many reruns. Plus there are some that I just don't enjoy and seems like whenever I do decide to watch they are on so I just choose not to watch. I mainly watch Paula Dean, Barefoot Contessa, Rachael Ray, Everyday Italian, and Cooking with Michael Chiarello (I think I spelt that right ) but again with so many reruns I've slowed down on my viewing. I'm not sure when the new shows will air.......but I look forward to that. I do occasionally go to the website though to look at recipes.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
Master Chef
Whatever happened on the FoodNetwork message board has not stopped me from watching it's programming. I like to watch Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis, Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, Iron Chef America, and Roker on the Road plus some of the FoodNetwork Specials.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
Old 02-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #8
Head Chef
I didn't even realize that the boards over at FN had gotten turned off.

One thing I will say is that this message board is more "sophisticated" in terms of posting and finding older posts. Just my opionion, I find that this place has a much nicer interface, so I am here to stay. :-)
Old 02-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
Executive Chef
Never went there.
You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
Master Chef
GB, interesting, I think I maybe have the same problem as you do and it has nothing to with forum itself. I really am on the same page as you are; I could have said those very same words.
As a side note, I never did understand what happened on that forum. I guess they just did not want to take care and filter the posting. Too bad.

You are what you eat.