"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games

Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Proud American

Cat's 10 Questions For My DC Family

I thought that these ten questions would be fun also.

1. What is your favorite color? Pink.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Yes.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My great-grandmother's diamond and sapphire wedding band. One day, maybe I might get married and I shall wear it. (I will be the cheap bride. I will supply my own ring to my own wedding.)

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I like both. I wish I had had my Nook when I was growing up. It would have saved me much money from buying flashlight batteries so very much for reading under my blankets!

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Dust. I collect some dog and cat figurines.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes! I wish to learn to fly a small airplane one day.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Two.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes. I play the piano and I am just learning the guitars.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I would make sure Adolf Hitler was never concieved by his or any of parents.

10. What television series do you like to watch? Doctor Who. I wish I had his Tardis!

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Interesting and fun questions, Cat. Here are my responses, all as honest as I can provide.

1. What is your favorite color?

Blue, especially cobalt.

2. Do you keep a daily journal?
No. I have tried several times over my life but never was able to maintain the discipline necessary.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? Probably my own wedding band, which my husband, Glenn, had made for me and is made of white gold, diamonds and blue sapphires.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.?

Don't care for any of the current electronic reading media. The closest I come is audio books, which allows me to do a task or pursue a favorite pastime such as knitting or embroidery. I much prefer the intimacy of holding a book and turning its pages as the writer's story unfolds.

5. What kinds of items do you collect?

Over my lifetime I've amassed quite a large collection of antique china, glassware and silverware. They're all lovely and we use them. I also collect all manner of teapots, as well as sewing-related goodies.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes?
Yes, I do but haven't in many years.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry?
Only one, which is rhinestone and is in the huge camelback trunk filled with dress-up clothes, etc. for our granddaughters.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments?

I have played drums a bit but, at this point in my life, my instrument of choice is the Bose CD machine, which allows me to enjoy all manner of music of my choosing.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be?
Not sure I would change much because of all the lessons that are learned from one event or another in history. My view is we should learn from history so as to not repeat it.

10. What television series do you like to watch?

I don't watch much TV, but I do enjoy both of the NCIS programs on CBS, along with The Good Wife and Undercover Boss.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Great questions, Cat!

1. What is your favorite color? Blue.
2. Do you keep a daily journal? Not really. I have started a couple but there always seems to be more important things to do (at the time, anyway.)
3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My guitars and banjos. I also have a gift from one of my oldest friends. It is a simple thing but it means a great deal to me. He and his wife went on vacation several years ago and went to all of the sites that hosted the original rendezvous during the Western Fur Trade Era of the U.S. They brought me back a stone from each place. Its like my very own piece of the history of the Mountain Men.
4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I prefer regular books. I have Kindle on my desktop and laptop. I have plans to get a tablet soon.
5. What kinds of items do you collect? I do collect books. I reckon it comes from my mother who was a confirmed bibliophile.
6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? I do enjoy flying, but it has not been necessary for me to fly in many years and it is too costly to do it simply for pleasure.
7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None that I am aware of.
8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play guitar and banjo. I never quite got the hang of the fiddle.
9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? That is a very interesting question. I believe that everything (for good or ill) happens for a reason. If I were to change something, it might mean that other things would not have occurred.
10. What television series do you like to watch? I used to watch a lot of TV. I enjoyed Star Trek, The Prisoner (from the 60s), and M.A.S.H. I hardly watch TV at all these days, unless it is the news or a sporting event.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Proud American

Thank you both very much! I am enjoying your answers so very much. It is very nice to learn of the other people from behind the monitor.

Hoot, I think I posted of learning the guitars. My fingers do not bleed any more! Isn't that exciting! Now I can play more. Did you see the photos of my guitars? I think you did see these.

Katie H, your husband must be a very wonderful man to have made you a nice wedding ring. Papa had Mamma's made also of the white gold and rubies. I shall take a photo of my great-grandmother's ring and shall do a posting of it for you.

I am very glad you both enjoyed these questions!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Fun questions !!

1. What is your favorite color? Blue.

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Normally no. However, if I am tracking something or trying to accomplish something - like when I stopped smoking - I keep one going.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My wedding rings because of what they represent.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? I would have to say regular simply because I don't have a Nook or Kindle.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Collecting recipes is something I've done for years. I will never make over half of the recipes I've collected but I do enjoy gathering them up.

I also collect hummingbirds, lighthouses and vintage dishes.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes but I have not flown in almost 5 years.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? None but now that you mention it, I think I need one !

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play guitar and as a child I played accordion.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I would not allow certain politicians to ever be in office.

10. What television series do you like to watch? I always watch Survivor. I watch food competitions, I watch Ridiculousness. I Watch Cops and Jail. I really don't watch much with any real value. TV is a mindless etertainment escape for me.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

1. What is your favorite color? Purple

2. Do you keep a daily journal? No, I'm not that interesting.

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? Definitely Shrek, I wouldn't give him up for anything.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Books, books, books...they are every where.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Teapots, Tea cups, Unicorns, Recipes, Books, Pigs...yes, the house is full.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Yes, but it's too expensive.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? One and I got it for myself, because with a tiara and a cape I can accomplish anything.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? I play the stereo.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? Nothing, because if I changed one thing, it might mean that I never met Shrek.

10. What television series do you like to watch? The Voice, The Blacklist, NCIS, CSI, Person of Interest, Elementary...how many of these do you want? I can go on forever...
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Proud American

Thank you, MrsLMB and my favorite Ogress! I am glad you enjoyed my questions. It is so very interesting to me to learn of my friends here.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Surprise, Cat! I woke up early to see these questions of yours. Interesting, indeed.

1. What is your favorite color? Red

2. Do you keep a daily journal? Yes

3. Out from all of your possessions, which one is the favorite of these? My locket from my husband which has a tiny clip of Cat's baby hair in it.

4. Do you like the regular books or the ebooks on a tablet such as Nook, etc.? Regular books.

5. What kinds of items do you collect? Bird and turtle figurines and old recipe books.

6. Do you like to fly in airplanes? Not very much.

7. How many tiaras are in your family jewelry? Two. One is a diamond tiara from 1902, and the other is a diamond and emerald tiara from 1934.

8. Do you play any of musical instruments? Yes, the piano.

9. If you could change one thing of history, what would it be? I don't think I would change anything. I would like to increase in people the awareness of history, if anything.

10. What television series do you like to watch? None. I only watch RT when I can.

MammaCat
Old 10-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
Proud American

Hi Mamma! I just now saw you. Thank you!

Love,
~Cat
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #10
Senior Cook

You're welcome. I am going to get ready for work. Be good and kind, Cat, and we'll talk after school.

Good night, everyone.

MammaCat