Rachel Ray trick for lasagna with flour tortillas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
I was watching 30 minute meals this morning, as I do every saturday. She made this awesome mexian lasanga, if you can call it lasanga. She sauted onions, garlic, chili peppers, and tomatillos (chopped in the food proscesor). Then she added homemade guacamole at the end. For the meat cooked some ground pork with cumin and corriander. Then she added some corn thing from a can. It was not corn, but they were white and she said they were like corn something. I am sorry, but I am drawing a blank on what they where. Anyway the cool part was when she took out a bag of flour tortillas. She put a layer of sauce in her cool making dish, then two flour tortillas (which she lighty toasted before), then a layer of meat and some cheese. Then more sauce, more tortillas, more meat, and so on. Then the top layer was sauce and meat, topped with two more flour tortillas and then topped with a whole lot of cheese. She baked it in the oven until the cheese was brown and bubbly.

I just thought it was cool how she made a lasanga casserole kind of thing with flour tortillas and thought that it was such a great idea I would share it with the people who did not get to watch it.

I've seen her use it so many times, she loves that ingredient. She seems to have a limited ingredient list, IMO, especially if I knew what you were talking about without having to see the ep.

Back
Top Bottom