"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
Head Chef

Introduction

Hi,

I joined this amazing looking forum today and have already posted a question in the baking section.

I live in London, England and I am an enthusiastic cook and baker, more so since I got married almost a year ago. I had always liked cooking, but suddenly I started cooking maniacly and bottling fruit and making jams and preserves as if I was preparing for a war or something! Unbelievably we have eaten almost all the jams and jellies I made last year and so I am looking forward to restocking this summer.

My husband is Italian and we really love to cook together too, whatever the type of cuisine.

I look forward to "talking" people here and sharing some ideas, and it sounds like I have an awful lot I will learn here as well!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ciao from Rome, Lulu and welcome, benvenuta!!

Wow, you are from London... one of my favourite cities of the world!!! Which part of the city do you live??
Isn't it great to have an Italian Stallion as a spouse?? Mine, Cristiano really taught me the 101 of Italian cooking!! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!! We all always have lots to learn, no matter how long we may have been cooking... just as everything in life. So we look forward to sharing all the ideas and fun with you!!

Old 05-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Ciao from Rome, Lulu and welcome, benvenuta!!

Wow, you are from London... one of my favourite cities of the world!!! Which part of the city do you live??
Isn't it great to have an Italian Stallion as a spouse?? Mine, Cristiano really taught me the 101 of Italian cooking!! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as we all do!! We all always have lots to learn, no matter how long we may have been cooking... just as everything in life. So we look forward to sharing all the ideas and fun with you!!
Ciao e grazie per la tua accoglienza calorosa! Is your husband from Rome? Mine is from Firenze. We might be moving to Milan for six months for work in the next couple of years, so I hope my Italian improves by then....but yes, Italian husbands are GREAT!

We live in Hampstead...northwest of the City of London, right at the top of the hill, so my kitchen looks out over the London Eye and Westminster and the BT Tower etc...Guy Fawkes night we look out over the fireworks the whole length of the river. At the back we look out over Hamsptead Heath. I really think we have the best views in London! Origianally I am a bit of a Chelsea Girl though....my father has a house in Knightsbridge.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Whoa!! You do live in a wonderful spot!! A bit away from the hubbub, I have been to Hampstead a few times and I really loved that quaint atmosphere there... the Heath is a wonderful place to take a stroll with all the wonderful vista, and I also loved the Keats House, one of my favourite poets... ohhhh now I feel like another visit there!!
I am not exactly married to Cristiano but we have been together for more than 3 years... he is a true Roman!! I have only driven past Firenze so far, but I would love to have a proper visit some day soon, it is only a couple of hours drive from Rome!! If you are planning to move to Milan, you need to talk to another member here, RDG, he is a real Milanese!!
I don't think Cris will be much of a help for any info about Milano though... Romans and Milanese has a noted rivalry just like Chelsea vs. Man U. (or should I say Arsenal...)!!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

ciao lulu, benvenuta! welcome! i'm jessica from italy, i'm 23 year old and i live in Friuli (next venezia)!
se ti fa piacere scrivimi presto!!!
bye bye!
Old 05-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
Head Chef

Si chi mi fa piacere! Non parlo molto bene l'italiano e ci metto molto a scrivere.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

Welcome aboard!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:21 AM   #8
Head Chef

Thank you Andy!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Hi Lulu. Welcome to our community!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Hi Lulu, I'm new too. I used to live in Knightsbridge...then sheffield, then Newby Ridge. Alot of the fam is still in the U.K. I can't wait to make it back over.
Welcome to the Board!