New Member Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alandra

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, also just found this site, when searching for a title of a book by Alice Munroe. Noticed some posts by other members mentioning books I've enjoyed, -- the series by Alexander McCall Smith being some, and Hannah's Daughters by Marianne Frederiksson being another that I've really enjoyed recently.
Am currently enjoying When We Were Grownups by Ann(e) Tyler. Have also really enjoyed most of Tracy Chevalier's books, and liked Joanna Harris's "Five Quarters of the Orange" and others by her. I think she wrote Chocolat also, didn't read that but saw the DVD and liked it.

I was born in England and moved to British Columbia, Canada with parents and siblings many years ago, and have been here ever since.

Other hobbies include digital photography, gardening, digital photo enhancing/editing with various software programs, our pets, family, to name a few that come to mind. Also like cooking and baking and used to do quite a bit of it, but due to diet restrictions re health issues with both DH and myself, it sorta puts a clamp on that these days. But I still love cookbooks and looking at various recipes, - bit of an addiction I guess :)
looking forward to participating here.
Alandra

Welcome to DC - cookbook collecting is very contagious and there is no cure!!!!!!! Makes for some darn good bedtime reading too, except when you're hungry!

Hi Kitchenelf, thankyou for the welcome. A statement I read sometime ago was something like this -- "if you buy another cookbook which contains even ONE recipe that your family or friends enjoy, then it's worth buying it". So that always seems to justify buying another : )
bye for now, time to make dinner.
Alandra

Alandra said:
A statement I read sometime ago was something like this -- "if you buy another cookbook which contains even ONE recipe that your family or friends enjoy, then it's worth buying it". So that always seems to justify buying another : )
I'll agree with that! Welcome, Alandra!

Back
Top Bottom