Reintroduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

expatgirl

Master Chef
My life has finally slowed down and I want to reintroduce myself to old and new friends.........I'm glad to be back to Discuss Cooking and refamiliarizing myself with the upgrades to the site.........they look "great", by the way.....this site was my savior when living in the wilds of Kasakshtan.....I made so many site friends........then life got very busy and I had not so much time..........well, I"m back, and hope to make new friends and reaquaint with old buddies.........hugs to all.......:chef:

Hey, welcome back! I've thought about you now and then, wondering how you've been doing. Are you still in Kazakhstan? Have you cooked anything interesting lately?

Great to see you :)

Thanks for the welcomes

Thanks Andy and GotGarlic,

Your replies mean a lot!!!:chef: I am now living in Oman.....my hubby changed jobs after 20 years and is happy......it's a great place to live (though very hot in the summers (can get to 150 degrees F).......even for this Texas gal!) Now that I have some free time I would love to get back into the Discuss Cooking routine......if I make any faux pas, please let me know.......so glad you're still here for wanderers like myself...........

Glad to be back!

Hey, welcome back! I've thought about you now and then, wondering how you've been doing. Are you still in Kazakhstan? Have you cooked anything interesting lately?

Great to see you :)
I've learned how to pick an eggplant and char it to add to a baba ghanous dip (like hummus where you add it to a tahini dip instead of chickpeas) recipes or any recipe that requires a charred eggplant......I had been doing it so wrong for many years......this is from a dear friend from Iran.....a great cook!

You want to pick an eggplant that is not so shiny (gives a little to the touch)but no holes in it (that means worms are in it) and then char it on a gas top directly on top of the flames or on the grill.......get it nice and black so it's smokey.....let it cool down a bit and then peel the skin off.......chop up the pulp and add to whatever recipe.......to die for...you do not want to use a bright shiny super firm eggplant.....it will not char enough to give that smoky flavor as it's too ripe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom