"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Chili

Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #111
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I always put elbow macaroni in my chili, but I also like chili over rice. I use canned Rotel Tomatoes and light red kidney beans.

I am thinking of trying a white chili....using some chicken breast and using white beans instead of kidney beans. I don't know what else I could put in it.
I've often wondered about that. Are you going to use a specific recipe? I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #112
Master Chef

My preferred chili is on top of Fritos. with loads of cheese and scallions and cilantro

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #113
Proud American

DA and I like to spoon it onto saltine crackers and eat this as if with potato chips and a dip. It is very nice! And we like to have cut cucumbers, croutons, and tomatoes in the Ranch dressing with it. Or one could have a regular salad with it also.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #114
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I always put elbow macaroni in my chili, but I also like chili over rice. I use canned Rotel Tomatoes and light red kidney beans.

I am thinking of trying a white chili....using some chicken breast and using white beans instead of kidney beans. I don't know what else I could put in it.
I use a tomatillo salsa as a flavor base, lime and a little chili powder in my white bean and chicken chili.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #115
Executive Chef

[QUOTE=Greg Who Cooks;1107847]
For sure it doesn't need meat or otherwise chili con carne would be a superfluous term. QUOTE]

In this house we sometimes have chili con carne and sometimes chili sin carne (on the days when there's no meat in the house or our veggie friend is visiting).
Old 10-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #116
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I've often wondered about that. Are you going to use a specific recipe? I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

I will probably search online for a recipe that I think my husband will eat. PF suggested some tomatillo salsa. I don't know if that is hot. If it is, it will be a no no. He does not do hot!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #117
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post

Here is a recipe I found online. Most of the ingredients look like something DH will eat, but I may have to go light on the green chiles. The picture looks exactly like what I had in mind.

White Chicken Chili Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone
Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

I will probably search online for a recipe that I think my husband will eat. PF suggested some tomatillo salsa. I don't know if that is hot. If it is, it will be a no no. He does not do hot!
You can make tomatillo salsa as hot or mild as you like.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #119
Head Chef

Quote:
Here is a recipe I found online. Most of the ingredients look like something DH will eat, but I may have to go light on the green chiles. The picture looks exactly like what I had in mind.

White Chicken Chili Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone
That looks excellent! (and very easy) I am going to try it!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #120
Senior Cook

Quote:

To keep it a white chili try adding cumin instead of red chili powders and throw in some canned diced green chilis. Oh, and use a chicken or turkey broth base.

Tags
None