"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Sauces

Old 09-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #1
Cook

Spicy Sauce on Pizza

Ok, Pizza hut had the best pizza ever with the Buffalo chicken pizza and took it away :x

Ok, now I want to attempt to duplicate/improve upon that pizza. Perhaps with an added addition from me :) I was wondering if anyone knows where I could start about finding out how to replicate a similar sauce. Its not a hot marinara sauce. Its almost like a wing sauce... but I dont think its quite that easy.

Anyone have any ideas? Im open to suggestions :) I love me some pizza

PS: Any recommended herbs to add on top of it? Not the sauce, just the pizza itself.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
Head Chef

I have never had the Pizza Hut Buffalo Pizza but have had one made by a local college cafeteria long before Pizza Hut introduced it. Since my husbands aunt oversees the entire college cafeteria I asked her for the recipe since it was beyond awesome and here is how she stated you make it. I am sure with a little tweaking it will be where you would like it to be.

The sauce recipe was 2 sticks of butter and 1 bottle of hot sauce. You just cook it all up and that's it.

I thought it was kind of weird but it worked for me as well. Tastes just like a buffalo sauce you get at Chillis

Since they make pizza in bulk they use frozen chicken nuggets as a topping. You can make your own but what they used tasted just fine.

You just smear the sauce on the pizza and then place hte chicken on it. Their pizza had some white cheddar on it (not too much).

Old 09-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Cook

Butter and Hot sauce??? Oh man do I feel stupid now. I cant believe it was that easy. While its not a duplication of it Im sure, if it will work, then Im all for it.

So it is basically just hot sauce on the pizza... not some kind of wierd hot-sauce-marinara mix ? Thats odd. Oh well, thanks alot for the info Yakuta. I will be trying it soon :D
Old 09-15-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
Executive Chef

:) Will, there ARE no stupid questions in cooking!
Old 09-16-2004, 02:49 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Hi Will,

I think Yakuta's recipe is what you're looking for. I take half a roasted chicken and cut the meat into chunks. In a saucepan I cook 1/2 cup of butter with 1 cup of hotsauce. Into this I mix my chicken real well. I like to pre-cook my pizza dough for 10 minutes first then I'd spread on my spicey chicken and Cheese and cook for another 5 minutes untill it's bubbly. Don't forget a creamy Bluecheese dip (which I usually layer ontop of my pizza). Might look messy but it is yummyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :)
Old 09-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #6
Cook

That sounds good.

So you bake it at 350 I guess? How do you know when pizza crust is done?

Homemade pizza (minus making the dough) sounds like an easy task I would like to do. But I want to start with this because Ive been craving it for a while :D
Old 09-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Hi Will,
I bake mine at 450 Preheated oven (home-made dough) brushed with little olive oil & sprinkled with a pinch of salt. I know it's done when it puffs and stars turning very light gold. That's when I add my chicken in hot sauce and cheese and bake it for another 5 minutes.
If you like it super crisp (I like it relatively soft) You can bake it at a 500 oven and leave it a little longer untill deep golden in color.

Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #8
Cook

Thanks alot for the info... Im learning little by little :)

What does adding the olive oil around the edge do? Ive seen AB do it as well, but I dont remember the exact reasoning... I think I should start taking notes :)
Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I remember that episode too, he said olive oil around the edges give him an idication when it's done ( because it starts turning golden) and also gives great flavor to the pizza :D
Old 09-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #10
Cook

haha, I cant believe you remember the actual show... thats amazing (to me at least). I wonder if soaking some garlic in the oil prior to putting it on the pizza would make it taste even better :)

Thanks for the information moonlight and everyone else... and the ultra-fast replies. Im not used to that :D

Tags
None