"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 08-28-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Appliances

Hi everyone. I have a very funny story to tell you about getting my new Kenmore refrigerator from Sears. Back in July I ordered one and it was to be delivered in 3 weeks between 8:15am - 10:15am. No one came and when I called they told me that my refrigerator was damaged out. I ordered another one and that one came with a damaged back in the cardboard. It was also full of dirty marks from the drivers. Today I finally had the new medal back put on and Sears is going to send me a $50 gift certificate. Sears offered to send someone out to clean it but I said that I would rather do it myself.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Glad you finally got it!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Executive Chef

This is not like Sears to do that.

But the friggen problem that I've been having with them was that if I try to order something online from them, they start giving me this crap about my street address not being valid!!

So I stopped trying to order from them online. I'll go to the store to buy there products.

~Corey123.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to aribaba
I don't like to order on line ,either....expecially in China, while something which like blues harp, i have to order on line, because i cann't find good quality harp in Guangzhou.....

Borning~~~~~!

Loving Chinese cooking & Chinese soup!

Enjoying every kind of foods!

Enjoying our beautiful life!
aribaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123
This is not like Sears to do that.

But the friggen problem that I've been having with them was that if I try to order something online from them, they start giving me this crap about my street address not being valid!!

So I stopped trying to order from them online. I'll go to the store to buy there products.

~Corey123.
I only have that problem with UPS every other delivery. I wish we had a Sears close. Even in Charlotte none of the malls has one. I've tried to order from them but with limited success.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Sears is a sore spot for me. I ordered a new frig, dishwasher and stove.

The stove was left out about 6" from the wall and the dishwasher was placed so I couldn't open it due to cabinet drawers.

I had paid for installation, called them many times and they finally admitted that installation consisted of plugging it in or a basic hookup. Mr HB nicely asked them to come and remove all the appliances so then they sent someone out who made it about 5% better. We only still own them because I needed them, now. It still annoys me when I think about it.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Sear

Sears! Isn't it KMart now? I have always considered Sears the best for our money. Never ever had problem. Then order fridge last year in July. Felt confident wouldn't have trouble. Well, the sure popped my balloon and hopes of further purchasing anything in line of major appliances. Not only did the delivery men come after 5 when they said would be here between 12 and 4. They made up some excuse they couldn't get into kitchen even though it was same size as the one we had already. I had all the food in freezer hoping they would not disappoint me. SO do you know where they left it? On the breezeway, in July, w/no door attached. They advised me to go to the store and order another one! They left it that way. I feel it was after 5 on Friday and they wanted to get out of here. We had to get some friends to help us move the one fridge downstairs and set up the new one. didn't have to the way it should have been but we got it in there. Some scratches and other nicks but who cares after this treatment? If anyone tells me they are getting something from Sears I would advise them to go someplace else and question the delivery service. No good. I only wish I could have brought it home w/me in the car. I know I would have done better job of getting it home. It was hot and had to try to get food in the new box before it all froze. Am I the only one who has all these weird problems?

Sears is nationwide so their delivery service should be trusted. Used to be. NO more. I surely am sorry to have this happen.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Yes, Kmart, once in bankruptcy - had emerged from it and bought out Sears, but Sears kept their name.

In fact, if you were to go into a Kmart Store, you'd see some Kemnore microwaves and small appliances there.

~Corey123.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Improve?

Corey, don't you think this is misleading? People who don't read DC are going to think Sears is still Sears, not KMart. Wonder if they will improve on delivery service?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #10
Executive Chef

I'll buy all my major appliances from Lowe's in the future. During the Sears debaucle, I bought a gas grill from Lowe's.

I paid for it to be put together and it was delivered. When I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't work so I called Lowe's and w/i an hour the man who sold me the grill and the store manager came out to make sure they got it working that day. It took them about 10 minutes so I fed them strawberry pie w/ whipped cream to thank them.