"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #21
Assistant Cook
nufsed's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Deep East Tx
Posts: 32
"What is that thing next to the dough hook?" I think you're asking about that odd looking thing in the far right-hand bottom corner... thats actually not something on the counter, its a graphic added to the pic (a watermark) which was put there by ebay, I guess. The pic is the one listed on ebay by the seller.

I know that these older units were sometimes offered in a few colors but I don't think they ever offered anything similar to this blue back in the Hobart days.
Its a Cobalt Hobart....I'm thinking of just calling it "Hobalt", eh? (Cobart?)
Man, that would confuse some folks!


P.S. One functional change that I made to this unit was a new three-wire power cord. This allows a ground wire connection to the frame of the mixer (an equipment ground) which provides an extra margin of safety in the event that the mixer were to short out. This means a three-prong plug, of course.

nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:56 PM   #22
Executive Chef
Corey123's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: East Boston, MA.
Posts: 2,881
You mean it DIDN'T have a 3-wire cord to begin with?

I thought it did. Oh, that was the E-bay pic when the mixer was in white.


Corey123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.