Food Magazines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going with Fine cooking, Cooking light, Simple and Delicious and cooks illustrated. I should subscribe to Paula Deen's since I've been purchasing it every month.

I decided that Penzey's One is a little hokey for my tastes, although I am a HUGE fan of their spices. Taste of Home is getting a little too weird for me. Strange recipes IMO.

Do y'all know that you can donate your magazines to a shelter after you're done reading them and take a $1.00 tax deduction for each issue of each magazine? I box up a full year of each magazine after I've finished reading the December issues, and ship them off to the Rescue Mission.

I subscribe to everyday foods by Martha steward.I love it easy to use and read ,the recipes work. but I love cookbooks the best.

I prefer cookbooks also. I think it's the fact that the recipes are pre-bound and they're not going anywhere. I don't know how many recipes I've clipped out, printed out and they're stuck in boxes (I know, I've been meaning to put them in binders). Whereas with the cookbooks it's done for you. The lazy way!

I get most of my magazines anymore from the thrift store. I can get a whole bag for $.25! but I'm still left with loose recipes everywhere.

I got my sample of Cooks Illustrated. ammm - I'm not too crazy about it. Too many words "lol". I like Cuisine at home, so that is what I will order.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

I buy a few magazines every month.

Gourmet Traveller I buy because I like the mix of resturant reviews, recipes (Including some from resturant chefs... You write in asking for the recipes, and the magazine contacts the chefs and gets them), travel ideas and so on. Sometimes the recipes just don't interest me, but there's usually at least two or three that do.

Australian Table is the cooking magazine from my supermarket. It's got alot of "family" recipes which don't interest me (Feed $4 for $25! Big deal... How do I feed 1 for $3?), but they have a fresh produce highlight, and some quick meals, and other stuff that's somewhat interesting.

Super Food Ideas is good for different recipes... They do some novel things, and have a section each month for freeze ahead recipes. They do have a strong family focus again, but they seems to have more tasty looking recipes then Australian Table.

delicious. is my favourite magazine at the moment. It's published by the ABC and is just fantastic. A wide range of recipe ideas, techniques, and ingredients. They have long recipes, quick recipes, freezeable and cheap, dinner party, illlustrative of new methods and such. There are very quick resturant reviews ALWAYS followed by a recipe from the chef. Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, Bill Granger and Ainsley Harriot are regular contributors, and it was voted the worlds best food magazine last year, and it deserves it.

Just picked up a Cuisine At Home (after so many commented on it) and loved it! Can't believe I never noticed it before! Just what I need! I know I'll have to subscibe cuz otherwise I'll be buying it every month.

I've seen a few people getting rid of their Saveur magazines.
I am looking for a specific number (No 35) dedicated to Argentinian food and French bistros.
Please let me know if you would like to sell this number to me, thanks.

I get Cook's Illustrated and Food & Wine. CI, is absolutely great. No ads, good recipes, cookware comparisons which are all well tested.

I actually enjoy reading about all of their failures when trying to perfect their recipes, makes me feel not so bad when I don't do so well on my first attempt at something. F&W can be a little pretentious at times but usually has some good recipes and I like it for a the wine articles.

Cooks Illustrated, cooks country, southern living Saver the rest are far to much advertising and no substance. some here mentioned I have never sean

The prevention guides "Slow Cooker Recipes" is loaded with healthy dishes for the whole family. I found it in the check out line of a Giant Grocery Store last week. I never knew you could cook desserts in a slow cooker. I would highly recommend this book for fall recipes.

Back
Top Bottom