Help, just got a new fat separator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was referring to people always using the paper towel method - I use a separator all the time and love it!

If a soup has some small globules of fat floating around, I actually like it. Similar to dressing a minestrone with a thin stream of EVOO, or a South-East Asian soup with some garlic-chile oil.

I mainly use the paper towel method when there is a small amount of fat on top of taco meat or such. For broths and gravies, I ladle off what rises to the top, if more needs to come of i put an ice cube in to congeal the fat.

I will be doing this a lot more in the future. Low-fat/Low-cholesterol diet, these days.

I was referring to people always using the paper towel method - I use a separator all the time and love it!

If a soup has some small globules of fat floating around, I actually like it. Similar to dressing a minestrone with a thin stream of EVOO, or a South-East Asian soup with some garlic-chile oil.

Nick, I'm not trying to make a fat-free soup or braise, just reduce the amount of fat in the dish. I always leave some behind.

Back
Top Bottom