Fixing CD's, DVD's ect...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
I have had heard countless times how you can use colgate toothpaste, or vaseline...not sure if I would try that one, or WD-40 on your discs to fill in the scratches so they dont skip anymore......Have you tried any of these methods or some other method....or heard anything that would maybe work?:glare:

This method was told to my dad from the guy at the movie rental store. he said this is what they do with all their DVD's anytime there is a scratch.
hopefully you have this product in Canada.

They use Rain X. They wipe it on then wipe it off. My dad has tried it with success, but I have not tried it yet so I can't give you first hand knowledge. I have heard of toothpaste, but personally that would make me nervous as some toothpastes can be a little gritty.

Ive never heard of that but Ill look and see what I can find....oooohh too funny...one of the ads above here is for DVD scratch repair...lol..maybe i should look on there....

Who would have thunk they'd have a machine to do it for you.......wonder if it would be worth the cost

Look for Rain X in the car section of the store. It would be with the windshield washer fluid. It is a liquid you wipe on your windshield and it makes water sheet off so you don't need your wipers as much. It is great stuff!

Here is a link to their website.

tancowgirl2000 said:
...oooohh too funny...one of the ads above here is for DVD scratch repair...lol..maybe i should look on there....
The ads are tailored for whatever the topic is. Give it a try--Start something with a weird topic heading (hippos or digital cameras or something) and see what ads pop up. Or, just look at threads that are already started and see what ads go with them. :mrgreen:

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom