Condolences to Dove, her beloved son John passed at 2:40 Nov 13/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have kept you in my prayers this weekend. You have a wealth of support her . . . I hope knowing that brings you some measure of comfort.

Marge, I can't imagine how much you and your family is hurting right now. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. You're such good people--you don't deserve all of this hurt!

Please keep us posted on what you learn. Remember, you are a strong, brave woman. We love you!

We can and WILL all hope it is a very treatable type--LOTS has been done in recent years.

Dear Marge, I pray for strength for you and your family. Miracles still happen and there is always hope. (I myself was a witness to my mom's miraculous recovery.) Big hugs to you.

Marge I am so sorry to hear your news. Our prayers are with you and your family as you go through this trial.

Sometimes it just seems that the amount of tragedy in our lives is overwhelming and there just doesn't seem to be any reason we can comprehend for it all.

As others have said, leukemia is now a highly treatable cancer. Shingles are terribly painful - gads what a terrible combination - but perhaps without the shingles the leukemia might not have been found? Stanford is an excellent facility staffed by top notch doctors!

If he's having trouble with the Ensure perhaps some of the "fittness" waters like the Kellogs protein water and some of the others?????

Again our prayers are with you and we're sending huge warm hugs for you all!

Take heart Marge, they caught the leukemia much earlier than they would have otherwise so the treatment there is coming earlier too. Good news there. The shingles are likely what is giving him so much pain. My Dad went through shingles and chemo treatments at the same time in his 70's and it was so hard to see him struggle like that. He came through it though. John is young and strong and you have a wonderful support system. I know its so scary and hard coming so soon after Paul, and my heart is aching for you sweet lady. You have my prayers and a shoulder and hug whenever you want them.

PS. Not sure what is available to you there, but my Dad visited a highly acclaimed acupuncturist who relieved so much of the shingles pain he was able to get out of bed and start LIVING again. A thought for John. Sometimes acupuncture can help with the nausea too.

Big hugs Marge, I know this is a horrible time for your family. We are with you.

Marge I am so very sorry you are being tested again so close to losing Paul. I will hold John, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this time and please dont lose hope. Medical science has many tricks up its sleeve, new ones at that.
Stay strong, and draw some of that strength from the multitude here that love you very much.

Lyn xxx

I got off the phone with Marge a few minutes ago. Her son has Acute Myeloid Leukemia. He didn't handle the aggressive dose of chemo well and had to be taken off of it. He is in ICU and not doing well. If he can hang on for the next two weeks there just might be a brighter outlook.

She just wanted me to catch everyone up. She won't be on here in all probability. She doesn't want people to think she is whining, nor weak, nor coming here for pity. She's just terribly sad and devastated right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom