Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dinner anyone? Happy St. Patrick's Day (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-anyone-happy-st-patricks-day-33339.html)

LEFSElover 03-17-2007 05:22 AM

Dinner anyone? Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!:rofl: :rofl:

Anyone cooking anything special tonight, or, 'green'?
My meal [so far > as the weather's messed up my schedule today] will be in Cancun. I doubt that I can get anything 'green' there and since I don't drink, it for sure won't be green beer or green wine.:wacko: But it's easy enough to get good food there...fish/salad/fresh fruit will be on the plate wherever I choose to dine:tongue: .

For those of you that are facing awful weather too, stay warm, drink lots of hot cocoa, wrap up, and snuggle.

Happy Day to all ye Irish folks<>includes my hubby and kids.:wink:

AllenOK 03-17-2007 08:03 AM

I've already got my corned beef, new potatoes, and some cabbage. I'll get the corned beef going in the crockpot in a little while, then finish with the taters and cabbage in the last hour.

Of course, I'm not going to EAT any of the cabbage. I can't stand the stuff.

PeppA has told me she just does NOT care for "real" corned beef. She wants the stuff out of a can. Oh well, more for me.

Toots 03-17-2007 08:27 AM

My husband is still in Austin so I'm having a solo dinner tonight. It isn't very Irish, but Chinese sounds good or maybe a lamb shank slow roasted with veggies.

Robo410 03-17-2007 08:28 AM

cause I had the time, and the weather here was wintry yesterday, I cooked up the cbnc...a real corned brisket, newpies, young green cabbage, carrots, a parsnip, an onion, sweet spices...enough for the eve of (last night) and the day of (tonight). Really good. And I'm not Irish...but cbnc is prolly more American anyway. cheers

spryte 03-17-2007 08:39 AM

I'm making corned beef & carrots cooked in smoked beer, colcannon and Irish soda bread.

Barb L. 03-17-2007 08:47 AM

Suspose to be going to a party tonight, not sure yet, Iam fixing the corned beef dinner tomorrow for sure !

callie 03-17-2007 08:53 AM

Corned beef n' cabbage in the crockpot...Irish soda bread...I splurged and bought Irish butter and some Irish cheese...green champagne and for dessert Key lime pie.

Happy St. Pat's Day to all!

urmaniac13 03-17-2007 08:55 AM

Sadly in Italy "St. Patricks Day" is rarely celebrated, not many people even know of it. :sad:

However we found a whole bunch of wonderful fresh artichokes, one of our 3 spring delights (artichokes, strawberries, asparguses), so we will be making some artichokes alla romana, along with some crema di artichokes.

buckytom 03-17-2007 09:21 AM

happy st. pat's day to all!!!

callie, what brand of butter and cheese did you get?

urm, ya gotta remind everyone there that saint patrick was actually born in england of roman parents. he was then taken as a slave to ireland, where he spoke to god who led him back to the vatican. then, he brought christianity back to ireland.
he was really just a paisan!

i'm hoping for corned beef, cabbage, and spuds tonight.

it took me an hour and a half to hack the ice from the sidewalk, stairs, and walkways, so my plan of getting in to work early, then getting home to make boiled corned beef and cabbage has gone awry.
i'll call dw later to see if she can get it going, then i'll finish up when i get home.

YT2095 03-17-2007 09:28 AM

Hot Pork sandwiches with sage and onion stuffing and a meat gravy dip.