Eggplant suggestions ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
I'm making sirloin steak and i wanna make a side dish with eggplant. i only have access to a broiler, oven and pan fry. thanks!

This isn't what you are looking for but I love eggplant and prepare it many different ways, fried, stuffed. One of my favorites is to cube the eggplant and cook it along with onion, garlic, green pepper, large can tomatoes, chicken broth or veg broth. When all is ready I drop in an egg and gently stir. Add grated cheese and crusty bread.

oppose said:
I'm making sirloin steak and i wanna make a side dish with eggplant. i only have access to a broiler, oven and pan fry. thanks!

Peel, slice into circles, salt. Let them set for 30 minutes or more to "sweat"
Rinse off and cut into 'french fries' dredge them in a 1/2 cornmeal 1/2 flour mixture and pan fry! You'll love them!\

Enjoy!

We really like roasted eggplant, 450' oven, slice quarter or half inch, drizzle with EVOO, S&P, (we like a little minced garlic too), roast for about 30 mins or until tender, take out and sprinkle with parmasan cheese if desired.

Uncle Bob said:
Rinse off and cut into 'french fries' dredge them in a 1/2 cornmeal 1/2 flour mixture and pan fry! You'll love them!\

Enjoy!

UB, Those sound so good, never have tried it fried, thanks for the idea, I have heard of it but never remember to try it !! :wacko:

My family loves eggplant and their favorite is to just cut a large eggplant in circles, don't peel, dip in flour, then beaten egg then back in flour and fry in evoo. Add some salt and pepper if you like and that's it.

kadesma:)

Uncle Bob said:

Enjoy!

Oh YEAH!!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom