Where to find gifts for men?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
Need to get both a father's day gift and a gift for my boyfriend this weekend...not sure where to go...headed to my lord & taylor to see what they've got...what are good guy gifts? cologne? wallet? watch? need help!!!

I think the first thing I would do is to think about what interests your men have and search for a gift that would be appropriate.

I always like to customize the gifts I give so that they "fit" the recipient.

Think about hobbies, special foods and drinks they like. My Buck likes scotch and has a birthday coming up, so I'll buy him a nice bottle of scotch and maybe two nice glasses to go with it.

Is there a cologne your guy(s) might like. Get a matching bar of shower soap or shower gel.

How about a visor CD holder for their car? A gift certificate for a car wash/detailing for their vehicle. You list D.C. as your location. I used to live there, so there are probably plenty of detailing places to choose from.

You get the idea. Just put on your thinking cap and I bet you'll come up with plenty of ideas.

I'm with Katie E, find out what your guys like.

Have you considered:

Gifts cards at electronics stores, like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.?
A round of golf at a local course (If they're into that),
Tickets to the next sporting event close to you.
A steak dinner? Maybe steak and lobster, if you can afford it?

Like the others said, start with what they like.

My dad is absolutely the hardest person in the world to shop for. He doesn't really need anything (except an occasional package of underwear, lol) and he doesn't want anything. It can be very hard to find something for him. A couple years ago, for Christmas, we bought him a gift card for gasoline. A word of warning on gift cards--make sure how much is really on them. We paid $100 for the gas card for my dad but found out later that he only got just under $50 on it. Know the people you buy from. :cool:

:) Barbara

OK, when I read this one my eyebrows went right up to my hairline. I thought someone was looking for a store where you could buy MEN! LOL, I've changed the title just so I'm the only one who comes up with weird stuff.

I am a huge fan of gift cards. Love to get 'em and give 'em. I agree with AllenOK about electronics stores. Home improvement/ hardware stores (tools=toys) are an excellent choice. A lot of the men I know are caffeine addicts so coffee house gift cards go over well with them. Also GCs at the local car wash. Barbara L makes a good point--get a RECEIPT with that gift card that shows the amount.

:) If they like to fish etc you could get some things to go with their hobby or a years subcription to their favorite magazine Field & Stream,hunting or gun magazines.There is a magazine for just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom