Vegetarian Cakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nasika

Assistant Cook
Hi, I have a lot of friends who are vegetarian.

I want to make a sweet party and make cakes for it. Can you advice low calories and vegetarian cakes?

I adore chocolate, can I use it if my friends are vegetarians?

My niece follows a Vegan diet and there is a certain type of chocolate she can eat...but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. In my health food store it is labeled "ok for Vegan diets". I think it is the way it is processed. >^.,.^<

Hello Nasika:)

I am a vegetarian.
If your friends are not vegans all u have to beware of is to not put animal fat in the cakes. U can put butter, eggs, cream or whatever else. Chocolate is certainly OK.

About the low calorie: Not all vegetarians are into health food. Make sure your friends are before u start considering if something is low calorie.

Mel

My niece follows a Vegan diet and there is a certain type of chocolate she can eat...but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. In my health food store it is labeled "ok for Vegan diets". I think it is the way it is processed. >^.,.^<

It would be milk chocolate she would not eat or any other chocolate flavour which has milk or contains any dairy product.

Mel

My vegetarian friends who were on their way to becoming vegans just avoided chocolate altogether and only stuck with carob products. Labelling wasn't the thing that it is today so maybe they were just playing it safe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom