Dinner on Tuesday June 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
There is sunshine in my world today!! Literally! It has been raining steadily for nearly a week and today I woke up to blue skies and everything greening up beautifully! Woohoo!!

I'm in the mood to bake, cook, spend the day dancing, I don't know!

I think I'll do a big ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, asparagus or brussel sprouts (whichever is freshest at the market) and a great big salad.

Dessert is going to be rhubarb something. My plant really liked the crappy weather and is threatening to take over the entire yard. If I have time it will be pie, if not, crisp.

What's on the Table for Tuesday, June 21?

Well, it is comfort food night!

We are having a nice ham steak I picked up yesterday, with grilled fresh pineapple, boiled baby potatoes and steamed carrots and snap peas.

I am also hoping to make up a batch of strawberry sorbet with some berries that need to be used up - may even throw some blueberries in this time for a change! :)

What do you have in mind for today?

Well, Alix, great minds really DO think alike! We opened the threads at almost the same time and are both making ham! I would love to do the scalloped potato thing but DH can't have them and I am trying to stay away so please enjoy some for me!

Oh, and we have had mixed weather - rain on the weekend and cloudy mornings with sunny warm afternoons yesterday and it looks like it again today!

Gotta say Laurie, that doesn't surprise me much! And DANG to the scalloped potato thing! I'll eat a little extra and toast him with my wine.

Noon day dinner will be hard tacos using the chicken mixture I better eat soon or freeze.
Tonight's dinner will be a loco moco. I'll make the hamburger patty up meatloaf style, pan fry it and make my gravy from that. Mashed potatoes and peas on the side.

Good morning everyone .. Dinner tonight will be pork chops, grilled asparagus, and roasted baby red and white Yukon gold potatoes.

I've got some over-ripe bananas that will be turned into banana bread too.

Not sure if the yungun will be home for dinner or not. He's leaving today to go back to his place. If he's not it'll be leftovers. If he is, guess I'll have to come up with something.

hopefully the dinner i didn't cook last night. sewed for five hours and was to tired. so oven fried chicken it is, sweet potato, and peas. ended up last night with french bread pizza, and having the same for breakfast.

Spaghetti, corn, and possibly garlic bread tonight. :cool: I'm going to try whole wheat spaghetti noodles tonight. I didn't like them the last time I tried them, but my daughter told me you have to cook them longer, so hopefully we will like it better this time. :)

Thai Beef-okra-eggplant-tomato curry served over cous-cous (too lazy to make rice) with marinated cucumbers and fresh mango as sides. We already ate this (since my supper is the DH's lunch). The curry was very nice.

2 T oil
1 large onion (diced)
1 tsp mustard seed
3 c sliced okra
1 eggplant diced
2 tomatoes
1 c thinly sliced beef (I used rib steak that was hanging around)
1 c white wine
1-2 tsp masala
3 t green curry paste
1-2 pods crushed cardamon
squeeze of lime juice
1 dried curry leaf (crumbled)
2 tsp fresh Thai basil
1 tsp fresh lemon mint
1 tsp fresh tarragon

Saute the onion and mustard seed. Add the other ingredients except the meat. Saute the meat separately, add to veggie mix. Cook over med heat about 20-30 minutes until eggplant and okra are soft. The okra did not turn "gummy" btw. Adjust seasoning to taste. I serve it over cous-cous (was originally going to quinoa, but the quinoa was behind the cous-cous in the fridge, so grabbed that, besides which, we still don't have running water).

I marinated the cucumbers last night

2 peeled and thinly sliced cukes
1 large onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt
chilpolte chile powder
fennel seeds
sugar
white balsamic vinegar
some water

Attachments

• Thai Curry 007.jpg
    Thai Curry 007.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 254
I thawed out a huge chicken breast half, bone in, skin on. I'll have bake it and serve it with dilly potatoes and carrots (boil potatoes and carrots until both are done, mash w lots of dill.) Easy on the gravy, it doesn't need it.

Spaghetti, corn, and possibly garlic bread tonight. :cool: I'm going to try whole wheat spaghetti noodles tonight. I didn't like them the last time I tried them, but my daughter told me you have to cook them longer, so hopefully we will like it better this time. :)

If you find a good whole wheat pasta please pass the information along. I have not had any luck with it but, I do enjoy the Dreamfield low carb pasta.

Thanks B

lol, alix. you feel like dancing? man, that must have been a lot of rain.

umm, wait. make sure it's not a rain dance.:cool:

dinner tonight for us is takeout chinese. veggie spring rolls, veggie and tofu soup, seaweed eggdrop soup, beef and broccoli, chicken chow mein, shrimp chow mein, and extra spicy beef chow ho fun.

ahhh, i love souvlaki rock. what kind of meat? i love a mix of beef and lamb. they sort of marinade each other like a marinade.

do you marinate your souvaki meat?

nice looking salad as well!

Last edited:
skewered large shrimp with onion,red bell pepper, mushrooms, bacon, buttered pasta or rice depends, Green salad with all the good stuff.Bread and butter peas and more mushrooms
dessert ice cream sundaes
kades

Bucky, lets just say that Ark supplies are out of stock in every hardware store in town! My tomato pots are in serious need of sun and I had to dump water out of several of my potted plants.

Ham is smelling yummy and I will be getting up soon to do the potatoes. I'm feeling pretty lazy at the moment. Kate and I shopped til we dropped today and I'm TIRED.

Back
Top Bottom