Today I am Smokin!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
I am smoking a corned beef brisket that I have been soaking for 3 days, Also got a full packer brisket and Boston butt. Probably do a couple fatties before done. Here is the start.

img_1039448_0_0d3887be68805c11a6f17c29c39e54a2.jpg

img_1039448_1_0bd733898a4f3d5ebe0a0734c62886f3.jpg

img_1039448_2_9acdf0c5d0d8c7408beae37e9fbffab0.jpg

Starting to get some color now. Still a long way to go.
img_1039448_3_d76d8d5e9321e5c42d1ae3e32daf7229.jpg

How are you keeping track of all your meat temps, Paymaster, instant read?
Man, that's a lotta meat!

How are you keeping track of all your meat temps, Paymaster, instant read?
Man, that's a lotta meat!
I have a temp probe I use until the meat gets about 6 hours in then I insert a remote probe and I watch it continually. The corned beef and the brisket will go to a friend at work. The butt is for my son and daughter in law.

Thanks for the comments. More pics later.

What kind of bacon ya got there, Pay?
Nice and uniform looking. It's hard to come by a nice straight strip that isn't all fat (wide) on one end and tapering off to nothing on the other. Even buying "good stuff" doesn't lend itself to consistency.

What kind of bacon ya got there, Pay?
Nice and uniform looking. It's hard to come by a nice straight strip that isn't all fat (wide) on one end and tapering off to nothing on the other. Even buying "good stuff" doesn't lend itself to consistency.

Hormel thin sliced.

I've used that. Black Label I think it was called.
I think good bacon is pretty much hit or miss anymore. Sure, the taste is still there, but for those of us that like to weave and wrap...

I've used that. Black Label I think it was called.
I think good bacon is pretty much hit or miss anymore. Sure, the taste is still there, but for those of us that like to weave and wrap...

Yep that is the one. I usually buy what is on sale in the name brands.I use the thinnest I can find as well. Seems to slice easier when the bacon is thin. It is tuff to wrap fatties with sorry bacon. I try to look in the backside of the package to check for quality too. If the package hides the meat from view thru the back, I don't buy.

Yep that is the one. I usually buy what is on sale in the name brands.I use the thinnest I can find as well. Seems to slice easier when the bacon is thin. It is tuff to wrap fatties with sorry bacon. I try to look in the backside of the package to check for quality too. If the package hides the meat from view thru the back, I don't buy.

We've had good luck with Costco's Kirkland bacon. I used that to make my fatty.

I find it helps if the bacon is room temp and you stretch it a little.

Attachments

• DSC01913.jpg
    DSC01913.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 183
Andy M. said:
We've had good luck with Costco's Kirkland bacon. I used that to make my fatty.

I find it helps if the bacon is room temp and you stretch it a little.

Dang. That looks so good!

Costco in November! Bacon on the list!

Back
Top Bottom