Cooking time adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emiko771

Assistant Cook
I plan on making a rolled flank steak recipe. The recipe is for only one flank steak but I'm going to have to make three at one time. The recipe says to cook it at 425 degrees for 35 minutes then broil it for 10 minutes.

Because the recipe is for only one I would think that I would need to adjust the length of cooking time. Is this correct? If so, how many minutes should I adjust the time to ensure that it is cooked completely?

As three separated rolled flank steaks, I would make very little adjustments in my oven. Not knowing what kind of equipment the recipe writer used, I would work with my equipment and knowledge rather than the time stated in the recipe. My Wolf stove might require less time than stated, so I would depend on my thermometer to tell me when the meat is ready, rather than the clock. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

I have a gas oven and plan on trying to bake all three together. I just wanted to make sure that they will all cook properly.

I assume there is stuffing involved. If the stuffing includes cooked ingredients, I usually stuff it with the stuffing hot, roll it, tie it and sear it in a hot skillet. Then it goes into the oven for a quick finish.

If you use cold stuffing, you run the risk of over cooking the meat to get the stuffing hot.

Thanks for the tip. I definitely would not have thought of heating up the stuffing first. I've never made something like this before so...it's going to be interesting

Unless you have the three rolls touching each other in the oven, I don't see why you would need to increase the time.

Sometimes I make two rolled pork roasts at the same time, in separate pans in the oven and they don't take any longer than one.

Back
Top Bottom