Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Monday Monday, So Good To Me: 4/14/14 (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/monday-monday-so-good-to-me-4-14-14-a-89550.html)

Rocklobster 04-14-2014 04:27 PM

Monday Monday, So Good To Me: 4/14/14
 
Start this one off with a musical introduction....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY&feature=kp

Monday's are my daughters choice so it will be Mussels steamed in white wine. I had a bit of blue cheese and brie for starter.....

GotGarlic 04-14-2014 04:33 PM

Love that song, Rock! :smile:

I'm making garlic knots for the first time in ages. I made the dough in the bread maker and now they're rising in the microwave. I'll also make rotini with a no-cook pasta sauce - a can of diced tomatoes, a clove of garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and fresh diced Roma tomatoes whizzed with the boat motor, then combined with the rotini. I may also make a green salad to go alongside.

pacanis 04-14-2014 04:41 PM

Beef stew.

Andy M. 04-14-2014 04:52 PM

I'll be grilling chicken thighs on the grill while lyonnaise potatoes finish in the oven.

GotGarlic 04-14-2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1357338)
I'll be grilling chicken thighs on the grill while lyonnaise potatoes finish in the oven.

Just curious - got a non-starch veg going on?

Andy M. 04-14-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 1357340)
Just curious - got a non-starch veg going on?


Are you looking out for my healthy eating habits?

Tossed salad.

Rocklobster 04-14-2014 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
les moules

GotGarlic 04-14-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy M. (Post 1357341)
Are you looking out for my healthy eating habits?

Tossed salad.

Not at all :smile: I've noticed that people tend to include a main dish and a starch/carb in the dinner thread but often don't mention a veg. So I'm just curious to know whether people typically have a veg and which ones they have with which mains. Call it OCD :wink: I want to know the whole menu :yum:

pacanis 04-14-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 1357346)
Not at all :smile: I've noticed that people tend to include a main dish and a starch/carb in the dinner thread but often don't mention a veg. So I'm just curious to know whether people typically have a veg and which ones they have with which mains. Call it OCD :wink: I want to know the whole menu :yum:

Soooo... do you want to know all the veggies in my stew? :lol:
(just joshin') :wink:

Andy M. 04-14-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotGarlic (Post 1357346)
Not at all :smile: I've noticed that people tend to include a main dish and a starch/carb in the dinner thread but often don't mention a veg. So I'm just curious to know whether people typically have a veg and which ones they have with which mains. Call it OCD :wink: I want to know the whole menu :yum:

In that case, in the interests of full disclosure, I'll also be having a tall iced glass of Schweppes ginger ale.

Later on, I'm going to have a piece of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and a glass of milk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.