1st Official Work Day Of 2023 ~ Dinner Thread ~ January 3rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I was just amazed that so many businesses were closed yesterday, only to find out that this year, New Years is officially observed on the 2nd :ermm: whatever!

Here's what I fixed for our supper:

IMG_2436.JPG

This is THE best stir fry I've made, yet ... Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry

What'cha makin'?

I had planned the very easy supper of smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese. But, I got a migraine yesterday at the end of supper. Today, I have postdrome from the migraine. I'm not in pain or even uncomfortable, just no spoons and bleah. I wasn't up for getting that simple supper on the table. DH was in the mood for a submarine sandwich, something along the lines of a Philly cheese steak. We tried a new-to-us Italian resto. He really enjoyed his sub. I tried it and it was tasty, but I liked my house special pizza better, evne without any sauce (I asked for no tomato sauce). It was very tasty with really nice Italian sausage. We will definitely order from them again.

I was just amazed that so many businesses were closed yesterday, only to find out that this year, New Years is officially observed on the 2nd :ermm: whatever!

Here's what I fixed for our supper:

This is THE best stir fry I've made, yet ... Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry

What'cha makin'?
I think it goes along with the "never on a Sunday" thing. If the holiday is a Sunday, then take Monday off???

Breakfast for dinner, dinner for breakfast, Stir fry (steamed really) on brown basmati rice, fermented 9 grain flakes with carrot slaw, banana, cinnamon, and ground flax/chia seeds.

A cube steak on toast with a side of steamed broccoli.

An ice cold glass of skim milk and two pecan sandies from Aldi for afters.

sThosee Holidays weren't always like that. I can well remember gripping about having to work on the Monday after New Years. Boxing Day was always pretty much a holiday with the 25th, so that was OK, unless the 25th :evil: came on a Sat. then Boxing was on the Sun and back to work Mon. - Just another weekend. :angry:

Celebrating a holiday on Monday that actually falls on a Sunday is so workers can still get a day off for the holiday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom