April 6, '23 -Thurs before the long Easter weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
20230406_173747.jpg

Hamburger on mini Naan bread. The usual find in the fridge, mustard, relish, napa, tomato, cheese - with some dills on the side.

I've mostly been eating things out of my freezer lately (keeping busy doing other things), but today I just made a channa dal salad, this one with some kamut and kippered herring, plus some diced extra sharp cheddar. I minced up a chocolate habanero and an aji dulce, and a generous amount (3/4 c?) of garlic chives, a few chopped peanuts, plus some cilantro and parsley, to add, with a basic vinaigrette. I topped that first bowl off with the egg, but that was a last minute thought.
Salad with channa dal, kamut, kippered herring, diced cheddar, habanero pepper, garlic chives, parsley, and cilantro. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Linner (late Lunch/early Dinner) out with my Neighborhood Gal Pals again.
This time to someplace different.
This is an old restaurant that had to close and found a way to re-open ... gotta support local!

IMG_2801.JPG

Chicken Formaggio ... YUM!
IMG_2803.JPG

I could only eat maybe half and brought the rest home THINKING that this would be lunch for me tomorrow ... NOPE!
SSSHHHHH! 🤫 Don't tell DH that that was a creamy/cheese white wine sauce ... he wants to go there again tomorrow to have a plate of his own 😆

Oooo,  Ginny, I love those embossed plates. I love different plates and bowls. Every time we visit a big historic house that has a nice-sized butler's pantry, I think of how nice it would be to have a small room just for my dish sets and vintage crystal that had been my Mom's.
I'm with you on the butler's pantry! But I might fill it up with gadgets! LOL.

My MIL gave me those plates many years ago. I think it was when they moved to San Jose, CA. Artichokes grow wild on the hillsides there! She gave me like 8 of them, but I've never used all 8 at once!

+1 @GinnyPNW love those plates!
Is there a brand and name embossed on the bottom of them?
I'd like to search those out.
There are a couple of symbols stamped into the bottom. Nothing painted or written. Kind of looks like a Llama and a pineapple. I could ask MIL, if she might remember. Chances are, she got them at the Outlet there near Morgan Hill, CA.

Back in the late 1970s, I had a flat that had ten rooms. There was a walk in pantry and a butler's pantry. There was also a built in china cabinet with drawers in the dinging room. That was one heck of a nice flat. It was probably built in the early 1900s and had two bathrooms.

Back to the subject of the thread. Thursday, DH cooked us an omelette on the Thunder Range (butane fuelled, single burner). It was really good. We had Scandinavian knækbrød (crisp rye flat bread) to go with that. No power means the toaster doesn't work. No pix, since I was trying to miser the power in my phone.

Back
Top Bottom