Dinner, Tuesday, 3/17 Anything Green?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Fare ;
Bangers and Slash !

Sausage, Onions and Peppers, Fried Potatoes, Broccoli and the Salad....
Horseradish....

Bangers & Slash.jpg

Since I'm an "O'Neill" and my family comes from Ireland, I'm obligated to make corned beef and cabbage. Been cooking in the crock-pot all day and the fragrance is making us want to eat the air.

Will have mashed taters with and finish off the last of the blueberry pie I made over the weekend.

There's some green bok choy leaves in ours.

Vietnamese chicken meatball soup. The ramen noodles were our addition. Spicyyyy. Craig really liked it. It was just on the edge of being too spicy for me.

Attachments

• 2020-03-17 18.14.48.jpg
    2020-03-17 18.14.48.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 85
No energy. I'm going to need to have the other hip replaced at some point and in the meantime, the pain is exhausting. So we're getting takeout from one of our favorite local places that is closing today for the rest of the month and they're selling their stock of seafood half off tonight.

Tempura shrimp tacos, hush puppies and mashed potatoes (for tomorrow) for me and fish tacos, cole slaw and green beans for DH. Mine comes with slaw on top, so I'll get a little green, too :mrgreen:

I had a green salad, from my hydroponics lettuce (it's growing outside, but slowly still) and basil, but I got some garlic chives from outside. I also had a brawnschweiger sandwich, on that rye that I baked today...I was tempted to have two, but I resisted, telling myself that it will last longer. Why don't I do that all the time?:rolleyes:

I think this is the first time in my life I haven't had corned beef and cabbage on this day. :lucky: I have the CB, but not the cabbage so it can wait.

We'll be having the leftover Posole from last night with green salads.

:)wink: @ Med)

Some of the best corned beef we've ever had. Glad I purchased the ingredients last week because the meat shelves at the market were pretty barren. However, there were quite a few packages of corned beef and oxtails. Hmmmm!

Potato soup, Salad ( Green lettuce :) ). and left over spring rolls from yesterday that I actually wanted to eat for breakfast but I forgot about them until I was at work.

I made corned beef, potatoes and cabbage In the Instant Pot.

I made a country omelette with feta. I sautéed some sorrel and separately, some mustard greens, to see what we thought of that. DH hated the sorrel. I found it barely edible. The sautéed mustard greens were okay. We both prefer those two kinds of greens raw as part of a salad. There was also whole grain bread with butter for me and toasted for DH.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom