Fishin' in the Kitchen - 7/16 What's Cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Salmon filet (Finished in the Oven), Brown Rice with a Sweet / Sour Drizzle,
Peas with Sliced Baby Bella's...........

Salmon Filet.jpg

Cooking in progress...sausage patties, sauerkraut, fresh pea pods with ranch dressing. Pea pods are left over from bridge munchies, as well as brie and crackers, not sure when to serve the brie.

BLTs on scali bread and corn OTC. The corn we've been buying at the supermarket has been outstanding.

2-egg omelets w/ diced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, 2 pcs of toast (w/ grape jelly because my sugar was getting low, fast), and 1 cup watermelon cubes.

I made a chef's salad with chicken, breast pieces for DH and dark meat for me. I put stuff on the table for us each to assemble. The greens in the salad were: young rainbow chard, sorrel, tatsoi, Boston lettuce, and baby romaine lettuce. I added feta, roasted pumpkin seeds, thinly sliced red onion, peeled and sliced broccoli stem, and radishes. There was some crispy chicken skin as a topping as well as some capers. We had some slices of a Belgian loaf dipped in EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Marquis de Mericourt white wine to go with that. Good eats.

Here's the layout, salad ready to assemble and the bread and EVOO mix.

Chef's salad with chicken, ready to assemble.jpg

Here's my plate, with the crispy bits of chicken breast.

Chef's salad with chicken, Linda's plate.jpg

We had an easy, delicious summer dinner last night. DH grilled a strip steak and corn OTC (it's a theme! [emoji16]) and I made garden salads. Yum.
20210716_200121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom