Flavored popcorn - ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
I love adding flavors to my popcorn - usually savory. Some of my favorites are sage and pepper/garlic. These flavors I add into the popper as kernels are popped. Popcorn in my lunch staple and I make it in a microwave popper, usually with coconut oil.

I've also discovered that canned parm (yeah the nasty stuff in the can) is excellent added onto already popped corn.

There must be some other interesting things to add to popcorn - any ideas?

I pop corn in a paper lunch bag in microwave - no oil added. Salt popcorn when done popping. Then I melt butter with hot sauce and a splash of lemon juice and toss with popcorn reminds me of spinach pies. Strange combo but I like it. Sometimes I add powdered blue cheese to the butter and hot sauce omit lemon juice - Buffalo popcorn.

Last edited:
I don’t make or eat popcorn very often. I do remember once, in Japan, popcorn sprinkled with nori and wasabi powder. It was delicious and had the added benefit of clearing my sinuses! If Asian flavors appeal to you, you might try sprinkling some furikake on it.

Or if you like Indian food, try a bit of curry powder or garam masala.

MY friend makes them with a blend of different chili powders, to hot for me but smells lovely.

Chicken Salt.

Tajin Seasoning, one of my faves and GREAT for on top of Ceviche (yes, the popcorn).

Ranch Dressing powder base in the envelope.

Any type of BBQ Dry rub can be used as well, just watch the salt content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom