Friday's Dinner - 5/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Mac 'n Cheddar with Shrimp & Diced Tomatoes.......

Mac'n Cheddar with Shrimp 5-6-22.jpg

Pot roast, green beans, mashed red & yellow potatoes, and au jus.

pot_roast_050622_img_9572-jpg.49892

I purchased what I thought was a Ham Steak. It wasn't and at first I was disappointed but MAN! what a treasure!

It was 2 Smoked Pork Loin Chops. and I got 3 meals out of the two chops. Could probably have gotten 4 meals out of them but I pigged out on the first one. Finished the last of it tonight and enjoyed it as much as I did the first one.

Tonight we had some sausages that we are really fond of - white wine and shallot sausages from La Queue de Cochon. Oh, that is a lovely tasting sausage. I made a salad of green crisp lettuce, Boston lettuce, cabbage, pea shoots, carrot, red bell pepper, and shaved red onion. There was homemade ranch-blue cheese dressing and toasted pumpkin seeds to go with the salad. I used up some leftover Kashmiri pilau that came with our Indian food order earlier in the week. Since it was kind of bland, I doctored it. I fried some onion in EVOO and butter, then continued frying it with some chopped walnuts and sliced almonds, and finally some shredded carrot. Then I added the leftover rice and some rehydrated, dried apricot. That really kicked it up a notch or two. I really enjoyed that meal.

White wine and shallot sausage, doctored Kashmiri pilau, and a salad with ranch-blue cheese dres.jpg

Beer cooked then grilled brats w/ onions and spicy mustard, l/o grill warmed up beans and taters.

In honor of the last ski resort in Mn closing today for the season, we made ice cream sundaes with warm chocolate sauce.

I stockpiled a few leftovers so that I could do other "stuff" around here. Sadly, all I did was one load of laundry and eat leftovers. :LOL: I was perfectly happy with my sausage/onions/peppers with polenta until I saw these:

...It was 2 Smoked Pork Loin Chops...
I love smoked pork chops! I buy them from the butcher in the next town...but it's 11 miles of county roads, almost half an hour drive, to get there. We haven't had them since...well, before Covid. I'm going to need to fix this situation. I do have a suggestion, dragn. If you like fresh green beans, pair them with the chops. I sear the chops quickly, then pile in a whole bunch of beans (almost two pounds for the two of us), add some water, and cover. The chops stay moist and the beans get this wonderful smoked pork flavor all the way through. :yum: Heavenly!

Tonight we had some sausages that we are really fond of - white wine and shallot sausages from La Queue de Cochon...
Those sausages sound interesting. Mr. Google landed me on a couple of pages which said that those sausages are rarely found outside of their locale. They suggested cooking pork breakfast sausages with shallots and white wine. Happily, I just bought two packages of breakfast sausages at Aldi - a total of 24 ounces. I will have to try this soon. Using the sausages for something other than breakfast for supper will make Himself happy.

<snip>

Those sausages sound interesting. Mr. Google landed me on a couple of pages which said that those sausages are rarely found outside of their locale. They suggested cooking pork breakfast sausages with shallots and white wine. Happily, I just bought two packages of breakfast sausages at Aldi - a total of 24 ounces. I will have to try this soon. Using the sausages for something other than breakfast for supper will make Himself happy.

If you do try it, let me know how it goes. It sounds like a worthy experiment. I hope the breakfast sausages aren't too seasoned.

CG, funnily enough I did have green beans with them (those incredibly long ones) I dropped them in boiling water for a minute (they were getting old :rolleyes:). Set the chops aside, dropped the beans in the pan with a pat of butter and some garlic - gave it a shake. YUM!

taxy, haven't really checked around here in Ontario but yes, all those flavoured sausages available in Quebec are great. I remember the white wine and shallot ones, tres yummy!

cornflaked oven fried chicken - nice change from the usual breadings/coatings

IMG_2296.jpg

Back
Top Bottom