Herb Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I buried my mint pots, with the rim just slightly above ground. So far they stay contained. My buried pots are about 10 or 12 inches, and plastic. I leave them in the ground year 'round.
Yeah, but you have to keep ahead of the runners that try to sneak out of the pot and grow in the soil outside the pot. :LOL:

Yes, certainly a pot, thanks Taxy :)

Should a be a pretty decent size one...large pot maybe?
I think Dawg's answer is probably about right. I put mine in a pot that's big enough that I haven't been able to find a drip tray that fits it. That didn't matter when it was outside, but I brought it in for the winter. It's also awfully heavy to move around.

taxlady said:
Yeah, but you have to keep ahead of the runners that try to sneak out of the pot and grow in the soil outside the pot. :LOL:

I am ever-vigilant, and the escapees get eaten! It's been more than 10 years. Now, the lemon balm, that's a different story....they weren't planted in a pot, and spread all over. However, I find they're a lot easier to pull, even though they're a mint relative.

Last edited:
Frost warning and the weather prediction is actually for 0C (32F) for a few hours tonight.

I just dug up and potted some of my parsley. It's a biennial and those plants were not in good places for coming back (one was coming up between patio stones :LOL:).

Once the Tupperware crisper is dry, I'm going to back outside and cut my chives and scallions. If you cut scallions instead of pulling them up by the roots, they come back. They aren't quite the same - they tend to be hollow, but are still edible.

I'm debating about harvesting the parsley. There is a lot of it. I might harvest enough for one batch of tabbouleh. I really don't want it all limp from having frozen.

So, the chives, scallions, sage, and some of the parsley have been picked.

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

Back
Top Bottom