ISO Ultimate Cheese Pasta Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Love cheese macaroni. But then again, I love cheese ravioli, or penne. What is your favorite cheese pasta, be it orzo, or tortellini, manicoti, tortellini, or whatever, and how do you make it. What are your favorite cheese blends. And don't forget Tex/Mex ideas. All recipes accepted.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Subscribing to this thread in anticipatory droolage...

Not a recipe, but I had an amazing dish once at a friends house called Heart-ache Mac that was essentially a three later baked mac and cheese.

The bottom and thickest layer was an awesome and custard-y (must have had egg in it) mac and cheese.
The middle layer was artichoke hearts laced with sundried tomatoes in Mornay sauce and the top layer was chevre mixed with cracked pepper, chopped parsley and chive and topped with a crumbled corn flake based crust. She served it with a big green salad, some wedged up oranges, crusty bread and tumblers of merlot. I still remember the meal...

Subscribing to this thread in anticipatory droolage...

Not a recipe, but I had an amazing dish once at a friends house called Heart-ache Mac that was essentially a three later baked mac and cheese.

The bottom and thickest layer was an awesome and custard-y (must have had egg in it) mac and cheese.
The middle layer was artichoke hearts laced with sundried tomatoes in Mornay sauce and the top layer was chevre mixed with cracked pepper, chopped parsley and chive and topped with a crumbled corn flake based crust. She served it with a big green salad, some wedged up oranges, crusty bread and tumblers of merlot. I still remember the meal...

Indeed! That sounds like a memorable meal.

I wonder what a cheese lasagna would be like, with a different kind of cheese for each layer, and maybe some sun-dried tomato. Ground beef could even be thrown in for texture and flavor. Sounds pretty good to me.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That sounds outasight Janet...:yum:

When my boys were growing up one of their favorite meals was my cheese and spinach manicoti. The recipe was much like this one, although I used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta. I aslo made my own marinara sauce for it, rather than store bought.
A quick tip for stuffing the shells is to spoon the filling into a plastic bag and cut a small corner off of the bag to pipe the filling into the shells. I know lots of us already know that, but some may not.

Spinach Cheese Manicotti Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom