Katie H?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just wondering the same thing, beth. I think she's less than an hour's drive from the tornado's path. When one ripped through MA in 2011, the tornado ended less than five miles from our house. You couldn't even tell there had been a storm at our house. I hope Katie and Glenn fared as well.

Thanks for asking. We are only a few miles from the strike zone. Horrific event. Mayfield has been devastated. Looks like the whole town has been put through a huge shredder.

We sustained minor damage. Just some wind and rain hammering. Limbs down on our property and lots of water in low areas. We lost power for about 7 hours and it was restored about 2:30 a.m. Sorry to say, others will likely be without power for 3 days or more.

We are thankful that it missed us, but am soooo sorry for those who have lost everything, including long-standing businesses.

Rescue efforts at the candle factory are ramped up and dogs have been brought in to find survivors/dead. There were 110 workers in the building when the tornado literally flattened it. Not good.

Here's some info on what everyone here is experiencing: https://www.bing.com/search?q=mayfi...9A4DECBDB44204B869B66056307651&FORM=QBLH&sp=4

Looks as though many will not have Christmas, much less a "merry" Christmas. Breaks my heart.

I don't really know of anyone who would be near this ugly situation. Just too sad.

As it turns out, some of the debris from the tornado that hit Arkansas ended up on the property in one of our local communities. Very powerful storm!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom