Leg of lamb using pan fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
Heyas so i got a nice cut of leg of lamb today at the butchers. looks real fresh, its about an inch think, maybe alittle less. how would you reccomend cooking it? im thinking of pan frying it by first searing both sides and then reducing the heat down to 60-70 percent and let both sides cook. is this a good idea? any suggestions? thanks!

ps: i have access to a broiler if thats better.

P.S. Actually if you have oven it might be a good idea to pan fry first and then finish it in the oven.

how should i season it? ive never really done lamb before. by oven you mean using the broil function right? or roasting it?

What seasoning do you like? That is more important question. Personaly I'd use salt, caeyne pepper paprika, lots of garlic. Some times lamb has this very specific smell, it might be a good idea to rince it in the vinegar, that is if you want to cook it right away. If you have time you may want to marinade or season it and let it seat like overnigh.

i love the garlic. your suggestion sounds good ive got cayne pepper and paprika left over from the baby back ribs i made last week.

Back
Top Bottom