Monday's Dinner - 9/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot roast Beef Sandwich, Horseradish,
Mashed with Gravy, Yellow Corn with Red
Onion and Sweet Peppers...

Sandwich, Hot Beef 9-12-22.jpg

Most recent grocery order, I bought Patak's 3-Step Cooking Sauce Kit Korma. Tonight, I gave it a try. I used chicken breast. Oh my, that was good. I will definitely be getting this again. One of the packets actually had whole spices. I fished the cloves out early in the process. Biting a whole clove is one of those culinary experiences that I do not want to experience again. I served the chicken korma with Madras seasoned veggies and brown basmati rice. That was a very tasty meal.

Chicken korma, Indian inspired veggies, and brown basmati rice again.jpg Chicken korma, Indian inspired veggies, and brown basmati rice.jpg

taxy, I once read that if you have a sore tooth, biting down on a clove with said tooth relieves the pain. Don't know if it works, but I put it out there.

We had a fan favorite, dirty eggs - sautéed onions and mushrooms with enough scrambled eggs to hold it together...sort of. Also had paprika potato cubes, sautéed apples, and rye toast. No color, but tasty.

20220912_205839.jpg

taxy, I once read that if you have a sore tooth, biting down on a clove with said tooth relieves the pain. Don't know if it works, but I put it out there. ...

I imagine it works. A friend had a really sore tooth and his dentist appointment was days away. I told him that the pharmacy sells clove oil for tooth pain. My friend tried it and it worked, but, he used so much clove oil that he burned his gums. :ohmy: So, I imagine biting a clove would help.

Looks good folks!

I had a bunch of this and that, tidbit leftovers ... so DH had the Teriyaki Chicken, Kalua Pork with Cabbage, the ever present steamed White Rice with Shoyu (Soy Sauce) and Furikake, as well the last of my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever).

I had leftover Calzone. Even though the crust was WAY sogged out, it still tasted wonderful. Our favorite Italian joint, 45 minutes drive away from us, uses good quality ingredients, handmade crust and rolls, pastas and sauces ... he makes everything himself. He's from Albania, where DH's family originates from.

Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert later ;)

Black baked beans, veggie rice, tomatoes, mustard sauce (or mr bliss has a stir fry sauce). zucchini bread w/walnuts.

I imagine it works. A friend had a really sore tooth and his dentist appointment was days away. I told him that the pharmacy sells clove oil for tooth pain. My friend tried it and it worked, but, he used so much clove oil that he burned his gums. :ohmy: So, I imagine biting a clove would help.

The spice cloves is for pain Garlic clove has many herbal cures too.

Clove oil is, I would almost call it, an ancient remedy to al eve tooth pain, LOL!

Really had a rather disappointing supper. I had frozen some jambalaya - yech... but dessert made up for it.

Strawberries and Cream (35% :angel:)

Patak makes some very nice curry bases ;)

I had a cross between a pissalidiere and focaccio, so pissalicaccio

Attachments

• IMG_20220912_185435.jpg
    IMG_20220912_185435.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
I don't know about clove oil, but putting a clove on a toothache didn't help me. I was on vacation in Florida many years ago and a friend of my mom's suggested that. Had to wait to see a dentist till we got home.

We made an easy dinner last night: frozen fish sandwiches in the air fryer, with homemade tartar sauce, and watermelon from our neighbor's garden. Earlier, we had watched a video by Chef John about making potato chips in the microwave. DH wanted to try it, so those are homemade chips on the plate. Didn't take very long at all, but I'm glad he did it :wub:
https://youtu.be/v514hwoC_fY 20220912_194928.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom