Presto 23 Qt Pressure Canner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowgyrl

Assistant Cook
Hi! Happy New Year!

This is my first post, but I've been poking around for a few days. My family got me a Presto 23 qt pressure canner for xmas! It's replacing an old/ borrowed 16 qt that is kind of leaky.

A full canner load is 20 pts - does that mean the food quality will suffer if I only do a half canner load of 10 pts? Will it affect liquid loss? I expect it to take longer to heat up and cool down.

Thanks!

:cheers

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

I don't think it will make any difference in the food quality. By liquid loss, do you mean siphoning from the jars? I don't think it will affect that, either. To prevent siphoning, wipe the rims of the jars to make sure the lids seal properly.

Last edited:
I used to have a Presto pressure canner in that approximate size. I often used it for smaller batches. I didn't notice any problems whatsoever.

Thank you!

Yes, GG, referring to siphoning. The canner I've been using has had some issues.

taxlady, what kind of canner do you use now?

Thank you!

Yes, GG, referring to siphoning. The canner I've been using has had some issues.

taxlady, what kind of canner do you use now?

I don't do any pressure canning at the moment. My ex got the pressure canner when we separated. :ermm: Don't get me started.

Back
Top Bottom