The Polar Express Hot Chocolate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
We bought a can of "The Polar Express Authentic Creamy Hot Chocolate with Peppermint" at Sam's Club a few weeks ago and finally tried it tonight. It was SO good! Very smooth and creamy, with just enough peppermint flavor (it actually has tiny bits of peppermint candies in it--they melt when you stir it). They also have it without peppermint. This brand is definitely worth trying!

:)Barbara

Thanks, Barbara,
I have been craving something warm while sitting here after all this water trouble and a hot chocolate sound like just the thing.

I don't have any Polar Express mint, but my Cadbury's mixed with a little cream and lots of hot water (from our water cooler with the hot water tap), will hit the spot!

Yours sound yummy. Probably can't get that brand up here.

We bought a can of "The Polar Express Authentic Creamy Hot Chocolate with Peppermint" at Sam's Club a few weeks ago and finally tried it tonight. It was SO good! Very smooth and creamy, with just enough peppermint flavor (it actually has tiny bits of peppermint candies in it--they melt when you stir it). They also have it without peppermint. This brand is definitely worth trying!

thanks for the headsup, Barbara. I will have to check the Sam's here next time I go there.

It is a little pricey, which is why I chose the peppermint one (I figured for regular I would buy Swiss Miss, which was cheaper). It is so rich and creamy that it was definitely worth the cost. We are going to buy some for the grandkids for Christmas.

I just bought some Trader Joe's sipping chocolate. It is suppose to be Bellagio's. It is outrageous and very inexpensive. One can either make sipping chocolate or hot cocoa out of it. I will probably make some chocolate marshmallows and give some of it as part of my Christmas Presents.

Sounds yummy Barb. We'll have to try it.

We made our own version. I made regular hot chocolate with our Cadbury's powder, mixed with a bit of heavy cream and then filled with water. Then I put a candy cane in each cup as a stir stick. It just got more and more minty as we stirred. Was great!

Since we have a big canister of Swiss Miss hot chocolate, we will try it with candy canes. Thanks Laurie!

Back
Top Bottom