Too Much Salsa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are two reasons I seldom eat Brussels sprouts. I do like them, but 1) They are expensive for a cabbage vegi, and 2) The hubster can't handle the smell of them being cooked. That comes from a time when his father burnt an entire field of the stubble of Brussels sprouts that had been recently harvested. He said it was an incredibly obnoxious odour and it comes back to him every time he smells sprouts now.

2) The hubster can't handle the smell of them being cooked. That comes from a time when his father burnt an entire field of the stubble of Brussels sprouts that had been recently harvested. He said it was an incredibly obnoxious odour and it comes back to him every time he smells sprouts now.
I can understand that. The odor of sulfur is caustic.

Last edited:
Weird, I've never noticed the smell while cooking them. Maybe while roasting them?.... hmmm, will have to check that out.

Weird, I've never noticed the smell while cooking them. Maybe while roasting them?.... hmmm, will have to check that out.
Like eggs, they can smell sulfurous when they're overcooked. You probably won't notice it unless they're cooked to death, like in the old days.

FrankZ is having a nightmare...

Attachments

• covid, dear lord.jpg
    covid, dear lord.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 97

Except Brussel sprouts... no way ANYONE could like those.. :LOL:

Funny. I would not eat them plain. But I make a vegetable soup. And always add Brussel sprouts. They add this amazing, sweet flavor. Really yummy. I do mush them up in my plate. Do not like texture. And I have skipped them few times, when making this soup, and it just doesn’t taste as good.
Go figure.

Funny. I would not eat them plain. But I make a vegetable soup. And always add Brussel sprouts. They add this amazing, sweet flavor. Really yummy. I do mush them up in my plate. Do not like texture. And I have skipped them few times, when making this soup, and it just doesn’t taste as good.
Go figure.

Shush! More Brussel sprouts for ME! ;)

Back
Top Bottom