Wednesday 3/22/17 What's in the pot Scott?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Homemade yogurt is in fridge straining and chilling. Homemade lemon curd is in instant pot cooking.
Dinner will be stuffed shells and veggie to be determined later.

Now that I'm cooking for three, meals are a little trickier. A third set of likes and dislikes to accommodate.

Tonight's dinner will be a chicken a rice casserole with thighs for SO and me and a breast for GD. Some steamed broccoli on the side.

I picked up a nice, large poblano yesterday, so I'm thinking chili relleno with a side of pintos.

CD

I made two pots of soup today: good-old-reliable Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice, and a new recipe - a kielbasa and cabbage soup. The kielbasa and cabbage was good enough, but I'm glad I had a favorite soup, too. Won't be making the kielbasa and cabbage soup again, but we will finish this (half-recipe) up. Oh, and there was the homemade bread to go with the soup, too. :yum:

I cooked one chicken breast for the two of us tonight. What?? The dang thing weighed 1lb.9oz.!! I sliced the monster into 1/2" slices and marinated it in yogurt and lime, then coated the slices in Panko/seasonings and drizzled butter on top for baking at 400 degrees for 30 min. There's enough left for lunch tomorrow. Yummy
SC made the glorified salads.

Homemade yogurt is in fridge straining and chilling. Homemade lemon curd is in instant pot cooking.
Dinner will be stuffed shells and veggie to be determined later.
The stuffed shells were good.
I got 2 meals out of 1 lb. jumbo shells. Yield 40 stuffed shells. 20 were (4 servings of 5 each) used for dinner tonight. Sauce in baking dish, shells, sauce, grated parmesan, Romano and mozzarella cheese. Baked till cheese melted and heated through.
The other 20 stuffed shells (no sauce) were placed in freezer on a tray. When frozen I put them in a Ziploc bag. They are ready to be placed in dish, sauced, cheesed and baked. Quick easy meal.

The yogurt was strained for 12 hours. It's now a nice thick yogurt. It has the consistency of soft cream cheese and has a nice and tangy flavor. I have tacos planned for tomorrow and will use some in place of sour cream.
The rest will be slightly sweetened with some the whey that was drained. I will warm it slightly and dissolve a small amount of sugar in it. Then stir it back into the yogurt.

img_1503752_0_7b6b18b661bf45eaa14bd0895e172d8f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom