What's cooking on this Chilly Sunday? 10-11-2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had chili using a recipe that was given to Frank by another DC member. It has no beans and, I love beans, so I add beans to mine. My parents always made chili with beans but not with pasta.

When I was in Kindergarten, we went to a Fall Festival at my school that was also a fundraiser. My parents were horrified by the chili the school served. First, it had NO beans. Also, they put macaroni in it. Mom and Dad were absolutely disgusted. However, to add insult to their injury, I loved it! So I also add pasta to my chili. My fella is twice horrified by beans and again by the macaroni. :ROFLMAO:

Here it is....pre-stirred.

Attachments

• 2020-10-11 14.13.24.jpg
    2020-10-11 14.13.24.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
There will be Italian sausage. If Stirling is up for grilling, then they will be grilled, if not, then fried or roasted in the toaster oven. We'll see about sides, but at the moment, the plan is for rødkål (Danish red cabbage), because a huge batch is cooking right now. Also, probably that vegis with yogourt and green masala dish, like I made the other day.

Grilled rib Eye (New, Non-Stick Grill Pan !) , Fried Potato Dice, Lefty Corn with fresh Green Beans, Salad, and a glass of Burgundy...........

IMG_4700.jpg

Rib Eye, New Grill Pan.jpg

There will be Italian sausage. If Stirling is up for grilling, then they will be grilled, if not, then fried or roasted in the toaster oven. We'll see about sides, but at the moment, the plan is for rødkål (Danish red cabbage), because a huge batch is cooking right now. Also, probably that vegis with yogourt and green masala dish, like I made the other day.

So, the Italian sausage got grilled. The sides were as planned. Once again, using the tablet for photos. :ermm:

I don't understand why the first picture is upside down, oh well.

Attachments

• 20201011_174325.jpg
    20201011_174325.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20201011_174426.jpg
    20201011_174426.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 82
Beef rouladen, mushroom/onion gravy, rotkohl and spaetzle.

36788-albums322-picture8448-jpg.48081

My eyes always see the right letters, taxy, but my brain always reads that cabbage dish as "roadkill". [emoji38]

We had breakfast for dinner tonight. Mushroom onion omelet - American cheese on Himself's side, mozzarella on mine. We also had link sausages and tots because why not?

IMG_20201011_210458376.jpg

Not one of my more memorable meals! LOL.. started off fine - menu was Pork and Ricotta Meatballs with Parmesan Broth, Cast Iron Rolls.

Meatballs cooked separately in muffin tins - went great (made the meatballs & froze a while ago - was just waiting on the right night).

Chicken broth, parm crust, frozen peas and normally spinach but used kale from the neighbour garden.

Rolls - not so great - baked them anyhow. Still a delish taste!

That was the start of the downhill spiral... Burnt my thumb big time on the cast iron, oven mitt slid to one side while mid-air and I wasn't going to drop the cast iron on either the open stove door/the tile floor or my foot. (this morning the burn isn't as bad as it felt last night, just a big blister, skin is fine, not even really sore :huh:).

Then the soup slurpped over the side of the bowl on it's way to the table. Twice! :mad: Mopped that up and accidently dropped the mop on the cat - only just finally saw her this morning - didn't know cats could produce such a disgusted glare. :ermm:

There was something wrong with the soup and half way thru I realized it was the kale - to me it tasted like soap... :wacko:

So... cross kale off my spring growing list.

Prime NY Strip, sous vide and seared -- medium rare. Baked potato with BUTTER, sour cream, black pepper and chives.

CD

Attachments

• NYstrip001DC.jpg
    NYstrip001DC.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom