Question about fudge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nonnos

Assistant Cook
My sister came back from London yesterday carrying a few traditional british desserts, among them was some fudge. Living in Greece, we are not accustomed to very rich and fatty desserts... we ate a bit of it and it felt like a butter bomb blowing up our stomach! Needless to say nobody ever ate it again. We don't feel like throwing it away since it was expensive and nicely packed (bought at fortnum & mason). I am asking if there's a way to combine it with some other ingredient or cook it in some way so as to mitigate the heavy buttery feel??

nonnos said:
My sister came back from London yesterday carrying a few traditional british desserts, among them was some fudge. Living in Greece, we are not accustomed to very rich and fatty desserts... we ate a bit of it and it felt like a butter bomb blowing up our stomach! Needless to say nobody ever ate it again. We don't feel like throwing it away since it was expensive and nicely packed (bought at fortnum & mason). I am asking if there's a way to combine it with some other ingredient or cook it in some way so as to mitigate the heavy buttery feel??

Most fudge is made with condensed milk and chocolate chips. Maybe you could melt it into some milk and make ice cream?

If you like the flavour of the fudge in small quantities, then chop it fine and sprinlke a little on some vanilla ice cream or add a bit to some cookie dough, like chocolate chips, but maybe fewer.

Back
Top Bottom