Let's Talk Brownies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's an idea... bring your own bottle and when they're not looking hook it up! just don't tell them and don't let them see the empty bottle in the garbage

Triple Chip Brownies:

butter; to grease the foil
16 tbsp unsalted butter; softened
2 cups sugar
8 oz bittersweet chocolate melted and slightly cooled
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups semisweet chocolate
2 cups milk chocolate
2 cups butterscotch bits

Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8 3/4-by-13 1/2-inch glass or metal pan with a large piece of aluminum foil, smoothing it into the corners. Butter the foil. In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar together until it is light in color. Stir in the melted chocolate. Add the vanilla, then add the eggs, beating until blended. In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the walnuts and all the bits, tossing to coat them with the flour. Scrape the flour, nuts and bits into the bowl with the butter, and stir with a wooden spoon just until all the ingredients are mixed. Do not over-beat. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, holding the foil so that it does not move.

Place the pan in the middle of the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 50 minutes. Remove the pan and let it stand for an hour, then cover the pan with foil and place it in your freezer for at least 1 1/2 hours or in your refrigerator overnight. Turn the cooled brownies out onto a clean workspace, lift off the foil and cut into 32 squares. Store in the refrigerator or the freezer in an airtight tin.

Hi,

wow, your recipes all sounds soooooo delicous...:chef:
I can´t give you any real good recipe for brownies.:(
I am sorry:rolleyes: .

But I ´ll recommend your recipes to my friends...

greetings from
Tanja

Cream Cheese Brownies

1/4 lb. butter
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
4 eggs, room temperature
1 cup self rising cake flour
1 16 oz. can Hersheys syrup
1 8oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

Cream butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Add 4 eggs one at a time. Add cake flour and Hershey syrup. Mix thoroughly and pour into greased double brownie pan. Cream cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add egg and milk. With spoon, place large spoonfuls of cheese mixture on top of brownie mix. Marbleize with knife. Bake 350 for 40 minutes.

Caramel Nut Brownies

1 14oz. package caramels
1 51/3 oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup margarine, melted
1 box german chocolate cake mix
1 12oz. package chocolate chips

Melt caramels in 1/3 cup evaporated milk in microwave or double broiler

Mix by hand, remaining evaporated milk, pecans, margarine and cake mix. Mixture will ber very thick.

Pat half of mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan

Bake at 350 for 6 minutes. Remove from oven

Pour chocolate chips over

Then spread on caramel mixture

Crumble remining cake mixture on top of caramel mixture

Bake 18-20 minutes

Let set and cook before cutting.

You've made my day! DH has been experimenting with this sort of thing but the mixes (he's not a scratch cook) that have caramel also have walnuts (not a good nut for us) and has experienced failures - this looks perfect and I'll make it for him this week! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom