"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #11
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm having the wonton soup I didn't have yesterday and am going to try some salad with the new avocado lime dressing recipe I found. It has no garlic and very little oil (best EVOO which seems to be okay in small quantities).

TB will be having some of the leftover chicken with rice and Greek salad. He could live off all three of those items and be happy!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Milk pork roast, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, steamed green beans, tossed green salad, 3-layer Chocolate Velvet cake (tweaks in what are you baking today--base recipe here: Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone) for dessert (frosting: Even Better (!) Cooked Flour Frosting (with flavor variations) | with cocoa and melted dark chocolate, double whipped--amazing frosting and the cake [based on the crumbs!] is super moist and chocolatey.)

Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I whacked up the ham that was taking up space in the fridge, and Foodsaver portioned and froze most of it, including the bone. I'll bake a small portion and spelunk some type of vegetable.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Skipped the bbq ribs today. Dx has a bit of a scratchy throat and cold coming on. I opened a can of campbells chix noodle soup ( best I could do on short notice.) Baked bean burritos for me. Tea for both of us.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

My daughters and I went on a field trip to a few of the Armenian grocery stores to pick up some goodies.

Tonight's dinner will be lamejun and my Mom's chicken noodle soup with egg and lemon. I used the chicken stock I made earlier this week and it makes a real difference in the flavor of the soup.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Milk pork roast, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, steamed green beans, tossed green salad, 3-layer Chocolate Velvet cake (tweaks in what are you baking today--base recipe here: Chocolate Velvet Cake Recipe - Cooking | Add a Pinch | Robyn Stone) for dessert (frosting: Even Better (!) Cooked Flour Frosting (with flavor variations) | with cocoa and melted dark chocolate, double whipped--amazing frosting and the cake [based on the crumbs!] is super moist and chocolatey.)
The meal was well received--the cake and frosting were excellent. I like a moist cake, and this one definitely is a recipe I will use as my "go to" chocolate cake and frosting (with my tweaks, of course).
Old 03-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I sort of made Roch's Chicken Cacciatore. I don't use canned tomatoes, so I used passata and tomato paste. The sauce was turning out too thick, so I added some vegi stock, but had a little oops and added a bit too much. My chilies seem to have no heat. It was still pretty darned good. I'll have to give it another try in summer, when I can buy decent tasting Roma tomatoes.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm having the wonton soup I didn't have yesterday and am going to try some salad with the new avocado lime dressing recipe I found. It has no garlic and very little oil (best EVOO which seems to be okay in small quantities).

TB will be having some of the leftover chicken with rice and Greek salad. He could live off all three of those items and be happy!
We decided to have mild Italian sausages with rice and salad. I had the two smallest sausages. I sear them and put them in the oven but I pierced mine with a fork a few times to render the fat out, then blotted them on paper towel when they finished cooking. They were very lean and I have so far had no troubles - it was really nice to have something "normal" for a change!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #19
Proud American

Too much to do today!

I made a sauteed red and yellow bell peppers with sliced kielbasa in olive oil, seasoned with chives, cracked black pepper, sage and a tiny bit of red onion. I made the nice Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits from the box with it.

With love,
~Cat
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 AM   #20
Master Chef

Had a loaf of French break that needed to be eaten, so I made hot sub sandwiches. Got some deli roast beef, pastrami, and ham and had at it with cheeses, lettuce and 'maters. Guess it was cook's day off.