"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Guacamole stuffed mushrooms with brie cheese & buffalo hot sauce...

Oh my.....that looks and sounds great, Joey! A little less hot sauce for this heat wimp and I'd devour that dish.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Tonight was a favorite "go to" dinner we love.

Trader Joe's frozen Mandarin Chicken with additions, served over steamed Jasmine rice. I always add some orange juice to the wonderful sauce, and tonight I added slivers of colored bell peppers to the chicken.
The plates were topped with assorted nuts from the freezer..sliced almonds, seasoned cashews and honey roasted pecans.
Oh, I love this. It's on my list every time I go to TJ's. Sounds good with the extra OJ and nuts addition, Kay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Dagnabit. I'll have this on my TJ list when we visit DH's brother 3.5 hours away, the nearest Trader Joe's.
It's a great thing to have on hand for the freezer. I'm not close to a TJ's either, and usually buy a couple of bags when I'm there. It's one of my fave TJ's frozen food items. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trader_joes_mandarin_orange_chicken.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	23193  

Old 08-03-2015, 12:35 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I tried a recipe for buffalo chicken drumsticks. Used the whole legs, cut up, since the corner grocer had them for 48 cents a pound! The sauce was good, but I just haven't learned to like dark meat. Good thing I had a chicken breast with Spice House Florida Seasoned Pepper grilled too - so good!

The go-withs were: grilled corn from my put-bys in the freezer, Bush's baked beans, a relish tray, and twice-baked potatoes. When I mashed and seasoned the potato guts I added fried bacon bits, green onion sauteed in the bacon drippings, and several generous shakes of Penzeys Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles. Got a jar for free last time we were at Penzeys. Good enough, but way too pricey to make it anything I would actually buy.
Oh, that sounds good.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:51 AM   #14
Master Chef

Which part, Cheryl? The recipe for the buffalo chicken is here: Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks. The description and price points for the Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles is here: Penzeys. The cheese sprinkles are oh...kay. I got a 1/2 cup jar free the last time I shopped their store. There is no way I would spend $9.95 for it! IMO, it's worth a couple-o-three bucks, max.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:55 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

hamburgers on grill and roasted corn

apple sauce

boring nite. So hot here...no one really wanted to cook or eat
Old 08-03-2015, 01:36 AM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Dagnabit. I'll have this on my TJ list when we visit DH's brother 3.5 hours away, the nearest Trader Joe's.
Dawg, be prepared to buy several packages of it..IMO it's the very best item from Trader Joe's.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We went to Mckibbins Irish Pub for date night. I had very tasty shepherd's pie and Stirling had bangers and mash with onion rings. He said that was very good too. I've had it there and it was.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:09 AM   #18
Master Chef

I made a low carb version of Dawg's kraut casserole. I swapped out the rice, added some additional vegetables and used tomato paste instead of tomato soup. This stuff has an addictive flavor, I kept going back for one more spoonful as I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner!

I am going to freeze some of the leftovers to use as the base for a soup made with some chicken stock I've got stashed in the freezer.

Next time I want to try it using sausage seasoned with fennel seed instead of ground beef.

Good stuff, thanks Dawg!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Linguini with white clam sauce and Romano Cheese. Have to have that more often.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I made a low carb version of Dawg's kraut casserole. I swapped out the rice, added some additional vegetables and used tomato paste instead of tomato soup. This stuff has an addictive flavor, I kept going back for one more spoonful as I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner!

I am going to freeze some of the leftovers to use as the base for a soup made with some chicken stock I've got stashed in the freezer.

Next time I want to try it using sausage seasoned with fennel seed instead of ground beef.

Good stuff, thanks Dawg!

So glad you enjoyed it, Aunt Bea! Yes, it is addictive.

Tags
dinner