Dinner Dec 1st Saturday night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm having duck......

I've got to do a photo shoot between now and then so there's plenty of time for ideas.

Well darn the photo session went past 8 p.m. and it's lucky we had the studio until 9. The photog and I got out of there shortly after 8 but well before they shut the place down...

So I used two modern inventions to transmogrify my duck into Calamari fra Diavolo. The first invention is now called a cellphone, which I used to call my favorite local Italian joint and place a take out order, the second is often called a "car" (although mine is a 4Runner 4x4 SUV), and I drove over and got it and brought it home and was eating it while I did the research for the above post. (I had a Caesar salad with that too, and some Italian style bread.)

So the shoot is in the can and the squiddies are in my stomach (I can still find a few rings left) and I'm sipping my wine (TJ's Coastal Sauvignon Blanc 2011) after dinner, okay but not memorable. (I've found more memorable Chardonnays although my most recent preferences tend towards Sauvignnon Blanc.)

All in all it was a very excellent late afternoon & early evening and I have a lot of writing ahead of me once the photog delivers the preliminaries. Well worth putting off my duckies until tomorrow. :yum:

Last edited:
Dinner.

Attachments

• Brat.jpg
    Brat.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 156

all i can think of to say, love2"Q", is, Mmmmmm...processed meats!--though i usually avoid the dreaded 'p' word when referring to our much- maligned sausages.(sad) pac, yummy-- and is that some o' them wunnerful bacon wrapped shroom morsels on the side? oh yeah....:)

...did you know that 'brat-pack' reverses to name your tonight's meal, pac? yep--'pac's brat' :)

What's that oozy stuff like? I've heard of it before and I've been meaning to try it.
Pretty much as described, it's a liqueur that tastes like licorice or anise. I actually learned to like it in Turkey, where they have a similar drink called Raki and make a beverage from it called "Lion's Milk", which is basically water and Raki mixed. A shot of Ouzo is nice, but too much of this beverage does nasty things to one's head. :wacko:

I actually didn't have time to make Shrimp Saganaki last night, so that will probably be dinner tonight. I don't like to leave shrimp in the fridge for too long.

all i can think of to say, love2"Q", is, Mmmmmm...processed meats!--though i usually avoid the dreaded 'p' word when referring to our much- maligned sausages.(sad) pac, yummy-- and is that some o' them wunnerful bacon wrapped shroom morsels on the side? oh yeah....:)

...did you know that 'brat-pack' reverses to name your tonight's meal, pac? yep--'pac's brat' :)

Thanks Vit. It's a shame some folks miss out on such good eating with grilling some brats and other sausage type foods, but it is what it is. More for me :yum:

Nice twist on my username :LOL:

We had orange/curry-glazed salmon with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Streusel-Topped Triple Berry Coffee Cake for dessert with vanilla ice cream.

Pretty much as described, it's a liqueur that tastes like licorice or anise. I actually learned to like it in Turkey, where they have a similar drink called Raki and make a beverage from it called "Lion's Milk", which is basically water and Raki mixed. A shot of Ouzo is nice, but too much of this beverage does nasty things to one's head. :wacko:

Interesting... But how do you prepare it? Neat? Add water? If the latter, does it cloud up?

Too much does nasty things? You mean like tequila? ("ta kill ya" ;)) Too much of any alcoholic beverage does nasty things to one's head, at least for you and me. But does ouzo do anything any worse than an identical amount of ethyl alcohol served in any other form?

I don't know what it is with tequila, it's my favorite hard liquor--in Margarita's, my favorite cocktail--but there's just something with tequila that messes me up more than an identical amount of vodka or rum. I have to drink more than I should to observe the effect, so I hold it it down to just one cocktail and no more hard liquor for the evening. That's my rule. If I violate it I kick myself out of my bar and tell me to not come back! ;) (It has been decades since my last hangover.)

I actually didn't have time to make Shrimp Saganaki last night, so that will probably be dinner tonight. I don't like to leave shrimp in the fridge for too long.

Funny coincidence, I didn't get my duck last night either, so guess what's for dinner tonight? Find out in the Dec. 2 topic! :)

Back
Top Bottom