"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Leftover roast beast tonight with garlic roasted Brussels Sprouts and fruit salad.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
I reckon Mrs Hoot and I will be eating out this evening, seein's as it's our wedding anniversary.
Many happy returns of the day Hoot to you and your Mrs. Hope your evening out is lovely. :)

Old 04-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
We are making a pork mince pasta tonight

Have not tried a pasta with pork before, so looking forward to it!

We have had beef mince and lamb mince..tonight pork and next week we are trying chicken mince
Kylie, can you describe this a bit more? How are you preparing the pork? What seasonings are you using?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Mmmm, corn pudding. After reading about Chief's tamale tip and now corn pudding, I'm craving some corn.

I have leftover chicken from roasting a whole one yesterday (it started raining in the early evening, so we didn't grill it). I'm thinking of making a chicken soup or stew today. Maybe with some biscuits and salad.
Change of plans. I was too tired to make soup and salad, so I made stock for tomorrow and we had Maria Callender's chicken pot pies for dinner.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
I reckon Mrs Hoot and I will be eating out this evening, seein's as it's our wedding anniversary.

Well Happy Anniverysary to the Hoots !!!! I hope you had a wonderful celebration dinner !

Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #26
Executive Chef

a very happy anniversary wish for you, hoot 'n honey! how many years of marriage are you celebrating, hoot?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Congrats Hoot!

I hope you and the Missus had a very Hooty Anniversary.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #28
Master Chef

Seems like a lot of us pushed last night's plans into tonight dinner! At least I'm in good company. Decided I was too tired last night to do anything, so Himself finished the bean and ham soup and I had 1) cottage cheese and strawberries and 2) peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat bread. Been so danged run down lately. Doc thinks it's because my sodium levels are low whenever the vampire takes blood. Until he's done figuring it out I have an excuse for being lazy.

Himself grilled 6 chicken breasts tonight. 2 had fajita seasoning for Wednesday's dinner. The rest were one each of: Penzeys Berbere seasoning (have the ice cream handy-it is screaming hot!), a Jamaican jerk seasoning I mixed from a recipe I found online (not as hot but still very zippy), a South African Smoke seasoning from Trader Joe's and a lemon zest-pepper-basil-salt rub I made from ingredients on hand. Did a bag of Carolina Long Grain and Wild rice blend and steamed broccoli topped with a smoked Gouda cheese sauce.

FWIW, the Penzeys Berbere seasoning was so hot that Himself cooled his pipes with a Bass Ale. He's not one to drink beer with dinner as a rule. Guess this seasoning required breaking the rules.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i have a fence guy coming over for the final documentation and permits/survey (so we don't have to look at the drunken macedonians next door, nor the unfriendly turks on the other side. i'm fortifying buckstantinople...), and dw wants to go to the gym early due to baseball practice at 6, so dinner will be whatever i sling from the kitchen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
...Great news about your fence...nothing worse than unfriendly or annoying neighbours!
Unfortunately, no matter HOW high a fence is I bet it wouldn't block the very annoying barking that comes from next door. It seems like a dog can't be trained when the dog owner can't be taught. Pity.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

no dogs, thank god. just drunks.

since baseball practice was cancelled due to rain, dw was able to deal with the fence guy (she's much tougher than i am with contractors having worked in real estate management/construction for almost 20 years) while i cooked.

dinner ended up being parmesan and peppered chicken fingers and french fries:

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner