Dinner Plans Friday the First of August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on a dinner made with:

Brown rice made with turkey neck stock
Turkey neck meat
Gravy

I'm low and slowc braising a big pork sirloin roast (in beer), so I'll probably have a bite or two to make sure it's done.

Yikes! It's August already! We have leftovers, and DH brought home some homegrown corn on the cob from work.

Leftover eggplant Parmesan from night before last. Tasted even better tonight and I think that's because the flavors had time to get to know each other. We also had a plate of cucumber spears and loads of corn-on-the cob from the garden. Omigosh! The corn is so good. It's a variety we like called "Double Delicious" and it definitely lives up to its name. The ears were full of rich, yellow, plump kernels. Oh, so sweet and with a rich corn flavor. We each had 3 large ears. We polished off the pina colada cake for dessert.

Last edited:
Breakfast dinner tonight! Fried eggs on toast, sausage links, cheddar cheese grits and we wiped out an entire cantaloupe.

**Buurrrrrpppp**

'Scuze me.

Dinner plans were tacos, but Vidalia onion and cheddar on Ritz crackers is probably going to suffice.

We had a beef meatloaf, potato salad, and a green salad for supper. The potato salad turned out really good.

I roasted some baby eggplant, pattypan squash, and garlic yesterday and had about 2 cups leftover today. It was really good and wanted to use the rest in a different way, instead of just warming it up. I pulsed the rest of it in the blender, stirred in some olive oil and some grated parm, added some toasted pine nuts, and had it as a spread on pita bread.

Oh, my goodness...I think I'll do that on purpose next time. Delish! :yum: I love it when leftovers are even better than the first time. :)

Turkey chili in the pressure cooker. A side salad. Greek yogurt tops the chili instead of sour cream. We are still working on that Carrot Pineapple bundt cake.

I ordered Chinese and got one more dish than requested by accident so they didn't charge me for it. I could barely eat one small plate, but we will have food for the weekend. It is a long one here (only in certain Canadian provinces).

Don't you love it when that happens? :) I recently ordered a taco salad for delivery from our local pizza place and they made two by accident, so I got a BOGO. Fortunately, my daughter was here and she took one home, otherwise that extra salad would have wilted before too long.

Hope you're feeling better, LP. :)

We were out playing tourists today; on our way home via the turnpike I saw the exit that led to a large mall. Nearby is a restaurant we like but visit infrequently since it's so far from home. Since it was along the route we stopped at John Harvard's.

Himself had a very large Cuban sandwich and a pile of fries. I had ordered fries with my pulled pork sandwich, but when Tory brought out the basket of Focaccia bread and plated up the seasoned oil I switched those fries to salad! We each had a glass of house-brewed beer. I forgot how nice it is to have someone else serve ME! :w00t:

Made angel hair with bolognese sauce last night, since my dad is home and he's such a picky eater i have no idea how to feed him beside beef,beef, and beef. Watched my mom deconstructed my pasta to her taste, she wanted the pasta to be extra soft, almost mushy, cut them to three parts(for easier eating, she said) and added 6 tbs of sugar to my sauce coz it was too tart for her and she wanted it sweet! Hahahaha i'm so glad there's no italian in my household.

Let's talk food!

DH received a nice check for a grant he's working on, so we went out to dinner here: http://www.manninositalianbistro.com/

We started with a delicious antipasto plate - yummy! I had their special - chicken and veggies in pesto-cream sauce over penne and DH had veal piccata.

Attachments

• 1406989888228.jpg
    1406989888228.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I know I'm really late for this one, but it was a special dinner.

Steamed fresh Dungeness crab

36788-albums318-picture5981.jpg

Raw Kumomoto and Grassy bar oysters

36788-albums318-picture5983.jpg

Roasted Grassy bar oysters

36788-albums318-picture5982.jpg

Thanks folks!:) Next time, I'm sticking with local large oysters for "on the half shell". Although very good, those little Pacific oysters are a PITA to shuck!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom