Dinner Saturday 22nd June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We are having Butter Chicken and pappadoms tonight as we didn't end up having it last night...it will be well marinated ;)

Still fighting the cold but the leftovers are mostly gone so I guess I'll have to come up with something. I have 3 KFC breasts in the fridge so I may debone them and do something with that.

I'm going to a family reunion at a beach house for the upcoming week. Tonight we're having NC BBQ and fried chicken with all the yummy fixings.

A local sausage shop makes Chinese sausages. they taste just like the BBQ spareribs you get in a Chinese restaurant.

That's what's for dinner.

We decided to turn our meatball subs imto open faced sandwiches. Commonly known as "French Bread Pizza"!:yum:

I'm making a mini Mexican lasagna. I spelunked some taco seasoned chicken and homemade salsa, and layered them with Tostitos, shredded cheddar, and Costco spinach dip. Baking at 375°F.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Dusted off the old toaster oven for the summer so I don't have to heat up the whole house with the oven. It was my mom's and I think it is ca1968 or so. It now broils and bake together, top and bottom, fails to separate the settings properly. It needs careful watching as the temps seem to fluctuate. I hate to throw it out. I was looking at I think it was a Breville last summer. Tempting. I guess it will hack and cough another season....

I made tuna melts on sour dough toast, leftover marinated veggies and there is a whole watermelon waiting to be cut into later. Ice tea.

Last edited:
Pesto pizza w/ tom,olive,zucchini,& mozz
39817-albums933-picture5556.jpg

Pizza – hub and my pizza (the girls had less stuff on theirs) - Boboli thin crust topped with plain tomato sauce with oregano, fresh basil, all-purpose seasoning (my blend), ground red pepper flakes, Trader Joe’s garlic salt grinder, evoo, fresh mushrooms, onions, fresh garlic, black olives, pepperoni matchsticks, fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses, grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Bake on a pizza stone @ 550°F for 3 minutes.

Before

img_1276881_0_797b3680ab488f4c1abe3486e3f8b18f.jpg

After

img_1276881_1_a782b464a326ae8ec9ab07fd0d5bc891.jpg

The girls pie money shots

img_1276881_2_439b8c3c0690e90758534e8e44c9e223.jpg

img_1276881_3_9b15b21c7d9f38528ba89e3397e5ba67.jpg

I've been at my sisters' house all day helping her with a 2 family yard sale. We all just got back from the local pizza restaurant. I had a calzone and brought half home.

Pizza – hub and my pizza (the girls had less stuff on theirs) - Boboli thin crust topped with plain tomato sauce with oregano, fresh basil, all-purpose seasoning (my blend), ground red pepper flakes, Trader Joe’s garlic salt grinder, evoo, fresh mushrooms, onions, fresh garlic, black olives, pepperoni matchsticks, fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses, grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Bake on a pizza stone @ 550°F for 3 minutes.

Before

After

The girls pie money shots

Another great looking pizza!!

Back
Top Bottom