Dinner, Saturday August 9th, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, as much as I would like to come too I don't think it is a good idea....after my little faux pas in the baking thread your DW might just slap me silly with one of your fish! :ROFLMAO::LOL::-p
oh how I hate being slapped in the face by a fish:ROFLMAO:
not because it hurts, but I end up with no makeup and smelling, well..................................................fishy:ohmy:;)

Going out to a local seafood place for all-you-eat crab legs! YUM!!

Just thinking about doing fish...but it will have to wait till next weekend.

Tonight's first course is eggplant rolatini and tomato focaccia (the eggplant is from the garden!!!)

Second course is grilled corn, smoked marinated pork from Canulli Bros in Philly and cold tortellini salad with yellow pear tomatoes (from the garden!!!)

Dessert is home made tortoni ice cream with chocolate sauce and (because sometimes, you need two desserts) custard filled crumb cake from B&W Bakery.

Right now we're sipping bourbon sidecars as the pork smokes...

Think we're having pinot noir with dinner.

Vera....if only you lived closer to me! I wanna come over!! :)

Tonight is cold grilled salmon, feta crumbles, greek olives, heirloom tomato and dried cranberries over mixed greens. Vodka cocktails later this evening with friends.

Just thinking about doing fish...but it will have to wait till next weekend.

Tonight's first course is eggplant rolatini and tomato focaccia (the eggplant is from the garden!!!)

Second course is grilled corn, smoked marinated pork from Canulli Bros in Philly and cold tortellini salad with yellow pear tomatoes (from the garden!!!)

Dessert is home made tortoni ice cream with chocolate sauce and (because sometimes, you need two desserts) custard filled crumb cake from B&W Bakery.

Right now we're sipping bourbon sidecars as the pork smokes...

Think we're having pinot noir with dinner.

Well darn....I guess you'd be dissapointed with a Catfish Po-Boy, Zapp's Cajun Crawtators, and a cold beer!! Maybe a bottle of Ripple on the front porch......Just A Swangin...:whistling

:LOL:

so I ended up getting sea bass, grilling it, serving it over the ratatouille, with sauteed onion and fennel on top. omg, yum!

Wow.... is it OK if I didn't fix fish tonight :LOL:

Always liked that song, UB.

I had soup. I browned some sausage and bacon in my pressure cooker, added some beans and some leftover juice with potatoes and carrots from another PC meal that was in the freezer, some garlic, some juice from last night's PC meal, and some frozen Italian sausage ravioli. Buttoned it up and cooked it for twenty minutes. Next time I need to rethink the bacon. It was a bit greasy. Not that grease isn't flavorful :angel: It wasn't lacking on flavor.

Attachments

• ravioli soup.jpg
    ravioli soup.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 154
in the few hours that i'm allowed out, i grilled some bbq sauced chicken legs, and a big delmonico that had been rubbed with granulated garlic, parsley, sea salt, and freshly cracked multi-color pepper.
dw made steamed stringbeans, and a side of angelhair.

we also had some beautiful cukes and tomatoes from the garden.

and now i'm back in television ad-seg, 'till 8am. :(

We had lots of leftovers from yesterdays Ribeye roast so I sliced it up and served it in some Au Ju. So, basically leftovers tonight.

I would send ya some, but who knows what it would be like when it got there! And they might not like it crossing the border either LOL.

They would probably confiscate it for themselves! That's okay, Mav, In just three more days I get to enjoy hospital food....can't wait! :sick:

They would probably confiscate it for themselves! That's okay, Mav, In just three more days I get to enjoy hospital food....can't wait! :sick:

I was gonna try and say I envy you, but I just can't bring myself to say it, LOL!!

Just tell your stomach to tuff it out, it is all for a good cause!!

Back
Top Bottom