Dinner Sunday 2nd June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
We are making Jimmy's Butter Chicken tonight with basmati rice and naan breads...have not had Butter Chicken for a couple of weeks, though it was about time ;)

We'll probably do leftovers. It's a lazy kind of day after working on sorting so much yesterday. There's enough pork bbq for another meal so we'll heat that up and finish it off tonight. There's cottage cheese, a bit of lettuce, chips and dip. We should do okay with all that.

We'll probably do a repeat of last night's leftover CP pulled pork and slaw.

Grill smoked spareribs, american fried potatoes and cole slaw. DxW doesn't eat much pork, and I will grill some chicken breasts for her. Everybody gets a grill favorite and there is rhubarb crisp and ice cream for later.

Tonight we're having hot pastrami sandwiches, sesame noodles and a salad. Cold beer to wash it all down.

Whipped up a super quick and easy chocolate cake for dessert that's cooling so it can be frosted. Cool cake recipe. Whisk all the ingredients together in a 8" or 9" baking dish and pop it in the oven.

We will grill hamburgers on the grill. It was a busy day, and we are tired and they are easy. Not sure what we will have with them, but we will think of something.:question:

Gonna fire up the Q. Just seasoned up some ribs and a tri-tip.

Tri-Tip ribs almost done.
39817-albums960-picture5537.jpg

Tonight is a bunch of leftovers - Curried Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries, Corn, Salade de Concombres et Chevre (Cucumber salad with goat cheese), and Roast Chicken.

Tonight we're having hot pastrami sandwiches, sesame noodles and a salad. Cold beer to wash it all down.

Whipped up a super quick and easy chocolate cake for dessert that's cooling so it can be frosted. Cool cake recipe. Whisk all the ingredients together in a 8" or 9" baking dish and pop it in the oven.

I'd love to have that cake recipe Andy. Sounds like my kind of baking!

We're having pork tenderloin and dressing with glazed baby carrots.

Here's the quick chocolate cake recipe.

CAUTION: I have not tasted this recipe yet so have no idea if it's good. I'll report back in an hour or two.

EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1½ C All Purpose Flour
1 C Sugar
3 Tb Unsweetened Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Kosher Salt
6 Tb Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tb White Vinegar
1 C Cold Water

Preheat oven to 350º F.

In an 8" or 9" square baking pan, whisk together the all purpose flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, and coarse salt.

Make a well in center of flour mixture and add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, white vinegar, and water. Whisk until well combined.

Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.

Let it cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.

Thanks for the recipe, Andy.

I just finished my dinner. Grilled venison sausage in a grilled bun with Vidalia onions caramelized in bacon grease and some spicy brown mustard, garlic & parm potato wedges, and grilled avocados stuffed with corn & black bean salsa.
I might finish things off here with some strawberries in balsamic whipped cream and a hot chocolate... because I don't have any chocolate cake...

Chocolate Cake Taste Report

I just had a piece of the Easy Chocolate Cake posted above along with a glass of cold milk. The cake was very good. Well worth a try. No extra bowls and stuff to wash and quick.

Back
Top Bottom