Tis the seasonings...Dec. 21, '23 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
We had a variety platters, strategically placed black rice, broccoli, black beans, and breaded tofu (the 4B's) with a new-to-us sauce called Liquid Gold.
It came from here:
minimalistbaker.com/5-minute-liquid-gold-sauce-oil-free-plant-based/
1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (if you can’t have, omit)
2 small cloves garlic, skin removed
1 Tbsp lemon juice (or sub lime)
1 Tbsp tahini (or cashew butter)
1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp curry powder (or store-bought)
1/8 tsp ground cumin (for milder sauce, omit the cumin and use only curry powder)
1 dash cayenne pepper (optional // omit for less heat)
2 tsp maple syrup (plus more to taste)
1/3 cup water, plus more as needed

It was different, good, pleasant, and we'll probably have that sauce again on variety platters. We both decided we should have had bigger servings but we were tentative in making them because of the new-to-us sauce.
Oat cranberry pear cookies tonight.

We went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch after errands. Craig had 2 different Tex-Mex apps for his lunch, and I had half of the lunch size spicy rigatoni pasta. Brought home cheesecake slices of Godiva for me and salted caramel for Craig. Those will be dinner.

IMG_3479.JPG

Stuffed Shells just about to go into the hot box and I found a loaf of sliced Italian Bread in the discount tray at Wally World - it's very good! And for 99¢ for a huge loaf, I'm good with that.

I'll be having stuffed shells later this week - boy, those sure do look good!

I can't decide what to eat tonight. Everything's frozen and I don't want to be eating at midnight. I'd make a run to Taco Bell, but it's dark out and we have fog as well. I don't like driving our curvy roads after dark now with so many bright headlights on other cars. One day I'm going to get blinded by one and either have a head on or run into the ditch.

Maybe I'll have a tuna melt. That sounds good. Yeah, a nice sloppy tuna melt for supper.

Since it was Winter Solstice at around 22:27 (10:27 PM), we had a traditional Québec Yule dish, tourtière with gravy. Alas, it was store bought, but it was good. I served it with rødkål (Danish pickled, red cabbage), some marinated beets, and cumin potatoes. We had some not-champagne, pink bubbly to go with that. I'm stuffed.

Tourtière with gravy, cumin potatoes, beets, and rødkål.jpg
Store bought tourtière with gravy, cumin potatoes, beets, and rødkål.jpg
Solstice supper - Store bought tourtière with gravy, cumin potatoes, beets, and rødkål.jpg

We starting doing Happy Hour on most Thursday nights. This time it was frozen pizza slices in the pizza oven and I had a Truly Cherry Lime Vodka Soda which I shared with DH.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom