"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
Head Chef

Tonight is Pizza night here. Patriot's football game is on so no cooking here. Although Sunday is usually my favorite day to cook.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Everymom

Ham and scalloped potatoes tonight. Salad will be a spur of the moment decision.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Roasted Chicken breasts, butternut squash & maybe some cous cous.
Barbara
Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
Executive Chef

It's pretty nasty outside so I figure I'll make some sort of hot and spicy soup with rice, black beans, chicken, sausage and a variety of spices. That should hit the spot!
Old 01-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I want to eat with Alix - the weather is dreary and I want comfort food!

Out of necessity I need to cook my shrimp and diver scallops so it will be Thai food - coconut milk, cilantro, red curry, lemongrass, lime, whatever else goes in the sauce. Then I've got some bok choy and rapini I'll sautee in a bit of sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. I was going to make spring rolls but I bought wot ton wrappers versus spring roll wrappers - I feel sure they will still be fine though.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #16
Everymom

Trade you kitchenelf! I want what YOU'RE having. Mmmmmmmm!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #17
Cook

Send a message via AIM to Stinker Send a message via Yahoo to Stinker
DH requested chicken and dumplings. So, it will be chicken and dumplings. LOL Veggies will be some english peas. Usually make cornbread to go with them but I have some dinner rolls that will have to do. Dessert will be heavenly hash that I made last night.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #18
Master Chef

Husband - who has a whopping cold/cough - just wanted something fast. warm. & comforting. I simply sauteed a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut them into bitesize pieces & stirred them into a package of Zaterain's "Smothered Chicken" rice mix. Came out wonderful. Flavorful without being too spicy or too salty. Served with a small green salad on the side. Husband was happy, so I was happy. : )
Old 01-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #19
Master Chef

probably chix stew as jake could take that to work.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

a big day of eatin'.

i started out giving dw the morning off, so my boy and i went to the polish bakery, then the polish meat market. i've never seen so many ways to prepare a pig as in the polish meat market, called "the piast". dozens of different types of hams and sausages.
rye bread, poppy rolls, rugelach, and crumb cake from the bakery. the most incredible smoked ham and pressed/boiled ham, and an unpronouncable (to me) version of yellow "american" cheese from the piast. the smoked ham was incredible. it was so moist it almost dripped, and it had such a strong hammy and slightly smokey flavor. the cheese was the creamiest cheese that i've had since i was in ireland.

i don't think anyone does ham like eastern europeans. now i'm on to their cheeses.

after brekkie, we all went out furniture shopping (don't ask), then stopped off at a houlihan's for a really good late lunch.

we started with spinach dip and cheesey lavasch triangles. next up were soups:cream of potato and french onion. then we both had the seared ahi tuna over a banana/wasabi-soy/cashew/shredded iceberg lettuce salads. the boy had chicken fingers, fries, and some stuff he found under the table.

more furniture shopping, then we went home and dw made a kielbasi with butter, onions, and thumans sauerkraut, and served it with plugra butter and rye bread . it was delicious.

what a day. i need to go lay down...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote